77 Assisted Living Facilities near Greenfield, WI
There are 77 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greenfield area, with 8 in Greenfield and 69 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greenfield is $3,720 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Hales Corners with an average starting cost of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 299 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greenfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greenfield 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greendale with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Greenfield find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greenfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Greenfield, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenfield
Greenfield is an urban community in the south-central part of Milwaukee, where the Root River flows through town. Just over 37,000 people live in Greenfield, 21 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. The area in and around Greenfield is the site of 75 assisted living facilities, where seniors can live as independently as their health allows. These facilities, like residential care communities across the state, are licensed and inspected by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bureau of Assisted Living Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenfield
- The weather in Greenfield is similar to the rest of the larger Milwaukee area that surrounds it. Summertime highs here average 80 degrees, while in winter the average temperature can drop as low as 16. From the late spring to early fall, Greenfield gets around 34.5 inches of rain, and 47 inches of snow falls in winter. The colder months can be difficult for some seniors who are especially sensitive to the temperature.
- The cost of living in Greenfield is on par with the average national cost of living. In all expense categories combined, Greenfield's cost runs to almost exactly the same as the national index. Healthcare is somewhat more expensive than average, costing roughly 5 percent above the typical rate nationwide.
Crime rates in Greenfield are low by national standards. In all crime categories reported, this part of Milwaukee registers around 40 percent lower than other urban areas its size. Violent crime is even less common in Greenfield, and most of the local crime stats represent property crimes like theft.
- Public transportation in Greenfield is integrated into the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS). MCTS operates several scheduled bus routes through Greenfield, with dial-a-ride and disabled ride services available on request. Seniors with a transit ID can ride MCTS scheduled services at a discount, though a different rate applies to on-demand services. Fare discounts and other benefits require a transit ID from the MCTS office.
- The Greenfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Aurora Health Center and Aurora St Luke's Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Greenfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Milwaukee County Department on Aging, an organization that helps seniors arrange transportation and meal service, as well as more than six senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Greenfield start around $3,720 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenfield
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenfield
Greenfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greenfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Greenfield Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenfield
Greenfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Greenfield, WI
Other Options in Greenfield, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greenfield
Review of Layton Terrace
Layton Terrace Assisted Living was in a nice area. There were restaurants, stores, and shops nearby, so that's a positive. The staff that we have met with seemed really nice. There was only one con... Read more
Review of Hickory Park
My father is in Hickory Park. The administration is very good about handling any type of situation. It is a clean, nice place, and a good fit for Dad. They correct anything that comes up that we br... Read more
Review of Hickory Park
I'm very happy with Hickory Park. It's good. I saw their residents participating in activities. My mother's room is very nice and clean, and she's very happy with it. The staff is prompt and courte... Read more