106 Assisted Living Facilities near Elm Grove, WI
There are 106 Assisted Living Facilities in the Elm Grove area, with 1 in Elm Grove and 105 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Elm Grove is $5,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Brookfield with an average starting cost of $3,961.
To help you with your search, browse the 362 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Elm Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Elm Grove 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wauwatosa with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Elm Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Elm Grove, WI
105 Assisted Living Facilities near Elm Grove, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Elm Grove
Located in Waukesha County, Elm Grove is a quaint Wisconsin village that earned itself the designation as a "Bird City" from the state in 2011 and was named the Best Suburb in America by Business Insider in 2014. The area retains a small-town charm, while still offering convenient access to many amenities and cultural attractions in Milwaukee.
Elm Grove has a population of just over 6,000 residents, and 21.5 percent are over the age of 65. While there is only one assisted living facility within the village itself, an additional 121 are available in surrounding communities, including Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Milwaukee. These facilities are all licensed and certified by the state Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Elm Grove
- Elm Grove is served by the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS), which offers seniors reduced rates on both regular and premium fares. MCTS also offers free or discounted door-to-door transportation services with its Transit Express and Transit Plus programs which help seniors get to appointments and complete errands anywhere within Milwaukee County.
- While the Wisconsin cost of living tends to be lower than the national average of 100, at 136, Elm Grove has a considerably higher cost of living than other cities in the area, largely due to housing costs, which may impact seniors on a tight budget.
- The general Milwaukee area has a combined violent and property crime rate of 48.8 out of 100, which exceeds the U.S. national average of 34.6. Elm Grove has a much lower crime rate at 15.4, making it a much safer alternative for seniors living on their own.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may find winters in Elm Grove to be cold, with lows reaching an average of 13 degrees Fahrenheit, and an average of 42 inches of snow expected each year. Summers are much warmer, with highs of around 82 degrees.
- Elm Grove has an array of community resources for seniors, including the St. Mary's Senior Center, an organization that strives to provide seniors with opportunities to engage in active, social and educational opportunities, including dancing, speakers, day trips and luncheons.
- While Elm Grove has no local facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, the Froedtert Hospital, located in Milwaukee, is less than 5 miles away.
Paying for Assisted Living in Elm Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Elm Grove start around $5,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Elm Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Elm Grove
Seniors are eligible for some assistance with personal care services through programs such as PACE and IRIS, which are a part of Wisconsin's Medicaid State Plan. However, this may not cover all costs, and seniors may need to seek additional financial support from Wisconsin's non-Medicaid state-funded programs. The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Waukesha County can provide seniors with information and assistance on finding a program that suits their needs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Elm Grove
Elm Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Elm Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Elm Grove
Elm Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Elm Grove
Review of Heritage Elm Grove
This past weekend, I came into this facility to see how this place was for my mom. The activity director was so kind and knowledgable. She had a nice friendly, warm smile and was very welcoming. I ... Read more
Review of Heritage Elm Grove
My dad lived there for the last 8 months of his life. He needed extra physical care and they were pretty good at providing it. As with any facility like this, family needs to be visiting regularly ... Read more
Review of Heritage Elm Grove
Heritage Elm Grove had nice, good-sized rooms, bathrooms, and nice fixtures. They also have room that can fit your own furniture. They have nice large closets. They have activity directors and they... Read more