69 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookfield, WI
There are 69 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brookfield area, with 4 in Brookfield and 65 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brookfield is $3,961 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 243 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brookfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brookfield 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Elm Grove with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brookfield, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Brookfield, WI
65 Assisted Living Facilities near Brookfield, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brookfield
Brookfield is a quiet suburban community on the western hub of the greater Milwaukee urban area. Home to around 38,000 people, a solid 20.6 percent of Brookfield's residents are seniors age 65 and over. To provide these seniors with comfortable independent living conditions, the area in and around Brookfield has 66 assisted living facilities to choose from.
These facilities, like others around the state, are licensed and regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bureau of Assisted Living Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brookfield
- The weather in Brookfield is warmer than usual for Wisconsin. Summertime sees average daily highs of 82 degrees, while winter nights can see average lows of just 12 degrees. Snow is uncommon in Brookfield, at least for Wisconsin, but a solid 35 inches of rain falls here in an average year.
- The cost of living in Brookfield is 22 percent above the national average for all categories of common personal expenses, such as home price and groceries. This is high by Wisconsin's standards as well. Healthcare in Brookfield is somewhat more affordable, but it is still 6 percent more expensive than the typical cost paid nationwide.
Crime rates in Brookfield are low by national standards. Rates of all crimes combined run to just slightly more than half of the national average for a city Brookfield's size. Most of the local crime rates represent property offenses, such as theft and vandalism, rather than violent crimes, which remain very rare and make Brookfield one of the safer communities in Milwaukee.
- Public transportation in Brookfield is provided by the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS). MCTS covers the entire Milwaukee area with scheduled bus routes and on-demand dial-a-ride services. All MCTS vehicles are ADA-compliant, for riders with challenged mobility, and seniors can ride regular-fare routes at a discount with a valid transit ID card, which must be presented when the fare is paid.
- The Greenfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Aurora Health Center and Aurora St Luke's Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brookfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Milwaukee County Department on Aging, an organization that offers Brookfield seniors help scheduling rides for medical appointments, locating caregiver resources and reporting abuse or neglect, as well as more than half a dozen senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brookfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Brookfield start around $3,961 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brookfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brookfield
Brookfield seniors who are frail and low-income may be able to receive help paying for services received in assisted living through the Family Care and Personal Care programs, although the services covered are limited.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brookfield
Brookfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brookfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Brookfield Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brookfield
Brookfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brookfield, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brookfield
Review of Heartis Village of Brookfield
This community is brand new and very nice, but if you are looking for assisted living, look elsewhere. The rooms and facilities are not set up for anyone who needs any kind of additional assistanc... Read more
Review of Brookdale Brookfield
Mom has moved into Brookdale Brookfield. It is an excellent care. They communicate well, they accommodate my mom not wanting to eat meat on Friday, and they get her to church. I don't have any prob... Read more
Review of Applewood of Brookfield
This placed has changed tremendously under new ownership. It is a shame to see what was once such a beautiful well ran place turn into what it has become. The food is terrible, the care is mediocre... Read more