70 Assisted Living Facilities near Menomonee Falls, WI
With an average cost of $3,685 in Menomonee Falls, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 29 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 6 facilities in Menomonee Falls.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Menomonee Falls, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Menomonee Falls
Menomonee, Wisconsin, is located 17 miles northwest of Milwaukee and is home to nearly 40,000 people. Senior citizens comprise nearly one-fifth of those living in the village. In Menomonee Falls, seniors can choose from five assisted living facilities within the city limits and 55 a little farther away. Across Menomonee and throughout Wisconsin, there are four types of assisted living facilities (ALF) and programs, known as adult day care, adult family homes, community-based residential facilities and residential care apartment complexes. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services oversees the licensure and regulation of the four types of ALFs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Menomonee Falls
- The Menomonee Falls area is served by the Milwaukee County Transit System. Seniors who choose to take public transportation in Menomonee Falls qualify for reduced fares and those who meet the income restrictions are eligible for the GO PASS (unlimited rides).
- If the average cost of living across the United States is scored at 100, Menomonee Falls' cost of living receives a score of 114, considerably more expensive. Seniors who live in the area will find average housing costs considerably higher in Menomonee Falls and average grocery costs cheaper than Wisconsin and the nation as a whole.
- The overall crime rate in Menomonee Falls is around 56 percent lower than the country's average crime rate. This means there are around 452 crimes reported annually in Menomonee Falls. Seniors could consider moving to the area for its low violent crime rates, with an average of zero murder cases reported each year.
- Menomonee Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Menomonee Falls Senior Center, an organization that offers a variety of services and activities including art classes, recreational programs and health information.
- The Menomonee Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Froedtert Community Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Wisconsin, like the rest of the Midwest, experiences freezing winters that can dip as low as -5 degrees. Seniors who dislike the cold or snow will not enjoy Menomonee's average snowfall rate, which is 17 inches higher than the national average snowfall.
Paying for Assisted Living in Menomonee Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Menomonee Falls start around $3,685 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Menomonee Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Menomonee Falls
Eligible seniors in Menomonee Falls can receive additional Social Security income to help pay for assisted living through Wisconsin's Exceptional Expense Supplement for Members of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. Additionally, Medicaid's Medical Assistance Personal Care program is available to seniors residing in ALFs with less than 20 residents within the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Menomonee Falls
Menomonee Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Menomonee Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Menomonee Falls
Menomonee Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Menomonee Falls, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Menomonee Falls
Review of Grace Commons
I went to Grace Commons. The facility is beautiful, it's new, and the people we talked with were very informative. We got a lot of questions answered; it was really a good place to start because th... Read more
Review of Dickson Hollow
My mom moved into Dickson Hollow. It's good, but some of the R.A.'s are questionable. The activities are very good, it's outstanding, it's just that the lower-level staff is questionable at best, b... Read more
Review of Menomonee Place
We liked Menomonee Place, but they didn't go up to the level of care that my mom will eventually need. The facility was beautiful. The rooms were really nice. I met a couple of nurses' aides, but t... Read more