25 Assisted Living Facilities near Waldorf, MD
Also serving communities of Brandywine.
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waldorf area, with 11 in Waldorf and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waldorf is $3,813 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 45 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waldorf. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waldorf 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include La Plata with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waldorf, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Waldorf, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waldorf
Waldorf, Maryland, is about an hour southeast of Washington, D.C., so it's largely populated by commuters who work in the DC Metro Area. Even so, about 8 percent of Waldorf residents are at the retirement age of 65 or older. Seniors seeking assisting living services can choose from eight facilities within the city and another 33 facilities in nearby communities, such as Clinton and Upper Marlboro. Assisted living programs in Maryland provide help with activities and personal care in a community-based house or apartment complex operated by the program. Each facility in Waldorf and throughout the state is licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to provide up to three levels of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waldorf
- The cost of living in Waldorf is about 16 percent higher than the national average. However, the costs of health care, utilities, transportation and groceries are lower than the state average, making Waldorf a slightly more affordable city for seniors in Maryland.
- The weather in Waldorf can be hot and humid in the summer, with an average July high of 88 degrees. Seniors may prefer outdoor recreation in the spring and fall, when temps average in the 60s and 70s. In the winter, residents see about 15 inches of snow and average lows in the 20s.
- For its size, Waldorf has a lower than average crime rate and is safer than 30% of U.S. cities. The chances of violent crime and property crime are slightly lower in Waldorf than the Maryland average.
- Charles County provides public transportation throughout the county on the VanGO bus system where seniors pay half-price fare. Seniors with disabilities can use the Demand Response door-to-door service.
- Waldorf has an array of community resources for seniors, including senior centers for recreation, education, fitness and special events as well as a Senior Center Plus for residents who need more support to participate in local programs.
- The city of Waldorf includes attractions for seniors to visit for arts and culture, such as The Dr. Mudd House Museum, Regency Furniture Stadium and community events at the James E. Richmond Science Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waldorf
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Waldorf start around $3,813 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waldorf and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waldorf
Seniors who receive Medicaid may be eligible for financial aid through Home and Community Based Waiver Services, which are intended for seniors who could qualify for nursing care but plan to stay with an assisted living program. A group home subsidy program is also available at participating facilities with up to 16 beds.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waldorf
Waldorf and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waldorf, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waldorf
Waldorf-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Waldorf, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waldorf
Review of Loving You Assisted Living
This facility is very welcoming and cozy. The manager gave me a tour of the home and answered all of my questions. The manager was extremely friendly and eager to accomodate any specific requiremen... Read more
Review of Loving You Assisted Living
We toured the facility and it was very clean, spacious and smells fresh. We were welcome to welcomed by the manager who met us at the door. They seem happy to answered our questions and we lef... Read more
Review of The Charleston Senior Community
I'm living in The Charleston Senior Community. The aides are very, very nice, and they are so good to me. There are things I don't like about the place, but my experience has been good. The apartme... Read more