51 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton, MD
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clinton area, with 6 in Clinton and 45 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clinton is $2,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 140 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clinton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clinton 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Temple Hills with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clinton, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Clinton, MD
45 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton, MD
Assisted Living near Clinton, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clinton
Review of Bradford Oaks Center
the staff there is rude no they seem to spend more time trying to figure out who needs to do what instead of taking care of business at hand they wait forever to answer call button friend was havin... Read more
Review of Bradford Oaks Center
I was very hesitant recommending this facility to my loved one due to the bad reviews. Turned out it was a great experience. From the touring to discharge everyone was great and very caring. They a... Read more
Review of Jobean Assisted Living
If you have searched for an affordable place I'm sure you have left some of them in despair believing that you would never find a decent place that didn't feel crowded, over priced, and depressing.... Read more
Assisted Living near Prince Georges County, MD
More Options Near Clinton, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clinton
The historic town of Clinton, Maryland is famous for its connection to the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln. The assassin, John Wilkes Booth, sheltered in the town’s post office, which is now a museum. This interesting town is now home to nearly 36,000 people, and almost 15 percent of them are seniors. For seniors who require help with daily tasks, there are six assisted living facilities within Clinton, with an additional 45 facilities in the surrounding area.
These facilities, like those in the rest of Maryland, are licensed as assisted living programs by the Office of Health Care Quality. The state’s licensed facilities provide housing and support to seniors who need assistance with daily activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clinton
- Clinton offers plenty of arts and culture for seniors to explore. History buffs can visit the Surratt House Museum to learn more about John Wilkes Booth’s escape route. Seniors can also visit the many world-class attractions in nearby Washington, DC, such as the Smithsonian or the Lincoln Memorial.
- TheBus, Prince George County’s bus service, connects Clinton with the rest of the county. The bus operates Monday through Friday, and seniors ride for free.
- Clinton has a low crime rate. Annually, there are only 15.2 crimes reported per 1,000 residents. The town is safer than 46 percent of U.S. cities, which may appeal to safety-conscious seniors.
- Each year, Clinton receives an average of 205 sunny days and 107 days of precipitation. The town only receives 15 inches of snow per year, which is significantly less than the national average. Active seniors can spend plenty of time outdoors in Clinton.
- Compared to the national average, Clinton has a very high cost of living. Housing costs are 55.4 percent above the nationwide norm, and seniors can also expect to spend more on transportation, utilities and groceries. Seniors with limited budgets may choose to retire elsewhere.
- The Clinton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clinton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Clinton start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clinton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clinton
There are several programs that may help seniors pay for the costs of assisted living care in Clinton. The state’s Medicaid program supports a waiver program, the Community Options Waiver, that may provide assistance to seniors. The state also offers a subsidy to help eligible low-income seniors pay for assisted living care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clinton
Clinton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clinton, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clinton
Clinton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.