77 Assisted Living Facilities near Temple Hills, MD
There are 77 Assisted Living Facilities in the Temple Hills area, with 9 in Temple Hills and 68 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Temple Hills is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 286 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Temple Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Temple Hills 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Forest Hill with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Temple Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Temple Hills, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Temple Hills
Temple Hills is a small community in Maryland right by the border of Washington state. The town was founded in the 1860s and is now home to 7,852 people, just 10.1 percent of whom are seniors. Residents aged 65 years and older who need help with activities of daily living can choose from among the area’s eight assisted living facilities.
These facilities are managed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and are called Assisted Living Programs (ALPs) in both Temple Hills and throughout the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Temple Hills
- Temple Hills has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Clinton, Maryland.
- Seniors who want to avoid the snow will appreciate that Temple Hills only receives 14 inches per year, which is eight inches less than the national average. It does receive a good amount of rain with an average annual rainfall of 44 inches, five inches more than the average in the rest of the country.
- The crime rate in Temple Hills is above the national average, which may be a concern for seniors worried about safety. Property crime is especially high, with a score of 52.8 out of 100, where 100 indicates the most dangerous environment. This compares to a national average of 35.4. Violent crime fares slightly better with a score of 27.6 but is still almost five percent higher than the United States average.
- Maryland offers its senior population a number of tax incentives to help make retirement more affordable. The state does not tax Social Security income, and only levies partial taxes on public pensions and retirement accounts. Seniors relying on private pensions can expect to be taxed at the full rate.
- Seniors in Temple Hills should anticipate a cost of living that is an average of 25.7 percent higher than the rest of the United States. Transportation is especially expensive, nearly 40 percent higher than the Maryland average and a full 78.9 percent higher than the average elsewhere in the country.
- Temple Hills has a public bus line that connects the neighborhood to local shops, services and attractions. All Maryland seniors can take advantage of reduced bus fare upon display of a valid ID.
Paying for Assisted Living in Temple Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Temple Hills start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Temple Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Temple Hills
Maryland provides low-income Temple Hills seniors with a subsidy to help afford assisted living services. Though the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy Program sometimes has a waiting list, it provides qualifying seniors who live in an assisted living group home with up to 16 seniors up to $650 a month. Those who live in larger assisted living facilities can apply for a Home and Community Based Medicare Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Temple Hills
Temple Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Temple Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Temple Hills
Temple Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Temple Hills, MD
Other Options in Temple Hills, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Temple Hills
Review of Lifesprings Eldercare #2
My Mom has been at Lifesprings Eldercare Group Home since October 2018. I moved her there because they were a participant in the Maryland Waiver program, which helps low income residents. Mom is t... Read more
Review of Lifesprings Eldercare #3
I just wanted to thank the staff of life Spring for the great care and love that you have given to my mom, Ms Johnnie L. W. Not only through this trying time of corona virus, though out the years... Read more
Review of Lifesprings Eldercare
After nearly a year of living with me my love became very hard to manage. It was suggested that I give Lifesprings Eldercare a call, and so I did. I was very impressed with the facilities that I ... Read more