176 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Paul, MN
There are 176 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Paul area, with 32 in Saint Paul and 144 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Paul is $3,153 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 674 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Paul. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Paul 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West St Paul with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Paul, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Paul, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Paul
The cosmopolitan urban landscape and charming neighborhoods make Saint Paul, Minnesota, a great city for seniors to call home. The state capital is less populous than Minneapolis, offering a more relaxed yet vibrant vibe. There are 31 assisted living facilities in the Saintly City and 32 others within the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area. They're called Housing with Services (HWS) establishments with Assisted Living designation and are registered with the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Paul
- Winters in Saint Paul are frigid with an average low of 7 degrees Fahrenheit in January, and snow can last from October to April. This makes the city a popular place for winter events including the Saint Paul Winter Carnival, and there are winter recreation activities offered to seniors.
- In addition to Saint Paul's cost of living being 5 percent higher than the national average, the state of Minnesota taxes social security income, pensions and retirement benefits. However, assisted living costs in Saint Paul are more affordable than in Minneapolis and the national average.
- The integrated transit system of the Minneapolis–Saint Paul area lets seniors explore the vibrant Twin Cities. Metro Transit has bus and light rail systems that give seniors 65+ reduced fares. Residents with disabilities or certain health conditions may take Metro Mobility shared rides to local destinations.
- Formerly called the Pig’s Eye or Pig's Eye Landing, Saint Paul has a colorful, intriguing history and thriving arts and culture. Seniors heading downtown can check out various museums and galleries, the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts for world-class performances by the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, Minnesota Opera or Schubert Club, the Fitzgerald Theater, Xcel Energy Center and other entertainment venues. The Capital City also hosts the Minnesota State Fair which attracts over 2 million guests annually.
- The Saint Paul area is home to world-class medical facilities including United Hospital, Regions Hospital, HealthEast St. Joseph’s Hospital and Bethesda Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Paul
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Saint Paul start around $3,153 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Paul and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Paul
Seniors opting for housing with services (HWS) establishments with assisted living status in Saint Paul may qualify for the Elderly Waiver (EW) for those who eligible for medical assistance or the Alternative Care (AC) Program of Minnesota’s Department of Health.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Paul
Saint Paul and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Paul, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Paul
Saint Paul-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Paul, MN
Other Options in Saint Paul, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Paul
Review of Cerenity Humboldt
Please never ever ever put anyone you love into the Humboldt center! I was a patient with the upmost worst care I’ve ever thought possible. The place it dangerous. Scotch tape over outlets so y... Read more
Review of The Wellington Senior Living
My mother lived in the Wellington Senior Living before. It's fairly good. She had a very nice apartment, and she was well-attended to. I think a lot of her friends were there and that's a huge thin... Read more
Review of Eagan Pointe Senior Living
I met with Mickey looking for a place to move my father to. She was so caring and I have gotten great reviews from Doctors. This is definitely the place to put a loved one Read more