163 Assisted Living Facilities near Little Canada, MN
There are 163 Assisted Living Facilities in the Little Canada area, with 3 in Little Canada and 160 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 596 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Little Canada. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Little Canada 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include White Bear Lake with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Little Canada, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Little Canada, MN
160 Assisted Living Facilities near Little Canada, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Little Canada
Located just outside of the Twin Cities, Little Canada is most famous for its annual Canadian Days celebration. During this event, the city’s approximately 10,525 residents, 16.9% of whom are seniors, can participate in the all-ages 5K Run/Walk and other festivities.
For local seniors who need some help with daily activities, there are three assisted living facilities within city limits. These facilities, in Little Canada and throughout the state, are licensed as housing with services establishments by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Little Canada
- Little Canada has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Roseville Area Senior Program, which offers many services to older adults, including free or low-cost door-to-door transportation, and one senior center.
- Kiplinger recently dubbed Minnesota the least-tax friendly state for retirees. Seniors in Little Canada need to pay taxes on their Social Security income, and all non-military pensions are taxable. These policies may leave less room in seniors’ assisted living budgets.
- Minnesota is famous for its cold, snowy winters, and Little Canada is no exception. The city enjoys single-digit winter lows and an average of 53 inches of snow per year. This is perfect weather for seniors who love cross country skiing and other snow sports.
- Little Canada’s overall cost of living is 17.1% higher than the national average. However, seniors may notice savings in some areas. Healthcare costs are 12.2% lower than the national average, which may appeal to seniors with chronic health issues.
- The Little Canada area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John’s Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Little Canada has a relatively low rate of violent crime: only 1.91 per 1,000 residents. Nationally, the rate of violent crime is 4 per 1,000 residents. This low violent crime rate may appeal to seniors who want to explore the city.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Little Canada
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Little Canada start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Little Canada and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Little Canada
Several programs may help Little Canada seniors pay for assisted living facilities. Minnesota’s Medicaid plan offers an Elderly Waiver program that may cover various types of residential care, including assisted living. Minnesota also provides an optional state supplement to SSI recipients who live in assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Little Canada
Little Canada and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Little Canada, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Little Canada
Little Canada-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Little Canada, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Little Canada
Review of Cardigan Ridge Senior Living
We chose Cardigan Ridge Senior Living for my mom because it's very close to where I currently live and the staff is extremely reliable, friendly, and they know what they're doing, which was very ap... Read more
Review of Cardigan Ridge Senior Living
My sister is at Cardigan Ridge Senior Living. The people who work there and the people who live there are wonderful. The staff is very helpful, very conscientious, and kind to everyone. The dining ... Read more