163 Assisted Living Facilities near Little Canada, MN
There are 163 Assisted Living Facilities in the Little Canada area, with 3 in Little Canada and 160 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 591 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Little Canada. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Little Canada 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include White Bear Lake with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Little Canada, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Little Canada, MN
160 Assisted Living Facilities near Little Canada, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Little Canada
Little Canada is home to several beautiful parks and nature trails, giving active seniors ample opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. In this city, nearly 17% of the population of roughly 10,000 people are aged 65 and over.
There are three assisted living facilities in Little Canada. These facilities, like all of those in Minnesota, register annually with the Department of Health to maintain licensing and accommodate one or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Little Canada
- Little Canada is a relatively pricey place to live, with an overall cost of living that is 17% higher than the national average. This is mainly due to the high cost of housing, which is about 40% higher than the national median. While this may affect the cost of assisted living, that may be partially offset by the city's relatively affordable healthcare costs, which are about 12% lower than the national average.
- Little Canada is rated 24 on a 100-point safety index, indicating that the city has a lower crime rate than 24% of U.S. cities and communities of all sizes. When compared only to similarly sized communities, Little Canada's crime rate is quite a bit higher than average. Seniors may want to choose an assisted living facility that has a security system in place to protect residents.
Temperatures in Little Canada range between 8 and 84 degrees over the course of a year. The region receives 53 inches of snow each year on average, which may be a concern for seniors who rely on mobility aids.
- The Little Canada area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in St. Paul.
- Little Canada seniors pay state income tax on all forms of retirement income, including Social Security benefits and government pension income. This may affect how much money can be put toward assisted living services.
- Public bus service in Little Canada is provided courtesy of Metro Transit, which operates several routes throughout the region. Medicare card holders and seniors age 65 and over are eligible for a reduced fare.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Little Canada
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Little Canada start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Little Canada and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Little Canada
Little Canada seniors who qualify for Medicaid may have assisted living services covered through one of several Medicaid 1915(c) waiver programs, including the Elderly Waiver. Additionally, the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program may provide financial assistance for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Little Canada
Little Canada and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Little Canada, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Little Canada
Little Canada-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Little Canada, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Little Canada
Review of Cardigan Ridge Senior Living
We chose Cardigan Ridge Senior Living for my mom because it's very close to where I currently live and the staff is extremely reliable, friendly, and they know what they're doing, which was very ap... Read more
Review of Cardigan Ridge Senior Living
My sister is at Cardigan Ridge Senior Living. The people who work there and the people who live there are wonderful. The staff is very helpful, very conscientious, and kind to everyone. The dining ... Read more