93 Assisted Living Facilities near Mounds View, MN
There are 93 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mounds View area, with 1 in Mounds View and 92 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 359 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mounds View. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mounds View 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include New Brighton with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mounds View, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Mounds View, MN
92 Assisted Living Facilities near Mounds View, MN
Assisted Living near Mounds View, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mounds View
Review of Bel Rae Senior Living
Mom just moved into Bel Rae. It's a newer community, it has a nice atmosphere, and a friendly staff. It has nice rooms. It's a little pricey. Read more
Review of Bel Rae Senior Living
We moved our parents into the memory care section at Bel Rae in May of 2016. It was a beautiful place compared to other places we visited and near us kids making it a convenient option and they had... Read more
Review of Bel Rae Senior Living
I thought the people at Bel Rae Senior Living were friendly, and the place was clean and good. I liked it, but the apartments were too small for the money. To me, the location was isolated, not bei... Read more
Assisted Living near Ramsey County, MN
More Options Near Mounds View, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mounds View
Mounds View is located in Ramsey County, Minnesota, and is part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Although Mounds View itself is rather small, it's located a short drive from large metropolitan areas and major attractions, such as the Mall of America and the Walker Art Center. Mounds View has a population a little over 13,000, and 13.7 percent of residents are over the age of 65. Mounds View is home to one assisted living facility, and another 56 are located in the neighboring areas of Minneapolis, Roseville and Robbinstown.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mounds View
- Although Mounds View has an overall cost of living that is 12.3 percent above the U.S. average, many individual expenses are below national averages. For example, the cost of healthcare is 12 percent lower than the U.S. average, which may be attractive to seniors who have a need for ongoing medical care.
- Mounds View has harsh winters that some seniors may find extremely unpleasant. At 53 inches per year, the area's average yearly snowfall is more than double the U.S. average, and the average January low temperature is only 7.2 degrees. By comparison, the average low temperature in January across the U.S. is 22.6 degrees.
- Mounds View has no facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fridley.
Metro Transit offers seniors living in Mounds View a safe public transportation option to get around the area. Reduced fairs are available for seniors.
- Mounds View has an array of community resources for seniors, including NYFC, which offers a senior chore program that connects seniors with local youths who are able to help with basic household tasks, as well as one senior center.
- Mounds View has a high property crime rate, which may cause seniors living in the area to feel unsafe. For every 1,000 residents, 33.82 property crimes occur each year. In comparison, the average property crime rate throughout Minnesota is lower, at 21.33 crimes per 1,000 residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mounds View
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Mounds View start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mounds View and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mounds View
Several Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver programs are available to seniors who reside in assisted living facilities in Mounds View. Depending on specific circumstances, seniors who require financial assistance may qualify for one of the following waiver programs: Elderly, Traumatic Brain Injury, Community Alternatives for Disabled Adults or Community Alternative Care.
Supplemental Security Income recipients who reside in assisted living facilities can apply for an Optional State Supplement that can be used to help pay for the cost of room and board. Room and board costs are not capped by the state throughout Minnesota.
Family supplementation is permitted in Minnesota.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mounds View
Mounds View and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mounds View, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mounds View
Mounds View-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.