91 Assisted Living Facilities near Fridley, MN
There are 91 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fridley area, with 3 in Fridley and 88 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fridley is $6,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 357 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fridley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fridley 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Little Canada with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fridley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fridley, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fridley
Fridley, Minnesota, is home to Spring Book Nature Center, Moore Lake Beach, and the Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts, all of which may be of interest to the 3,870 seniors who live in the area. For seniors who need help with the aspects of daily living, there are 86 assisted living facilities in the area, with three located within city limits.
In all of Minnesota, including Fridley, assisted living facilities must register annually with the Department of Health as either a Class A or Class F home care provider.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fridley
- The state of Minnesota partially taxes seniors on Social Security benefits and fully taxes both pensions and retirement savings account income, which may be unpleasant for thrifty Fridley seniors with tight budgets.
- Fridley’s cost of living is 107.7, only slightly higher than the national average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay more for transportation, which is also higher than the average, and less for groceries and healthcare, both lower than the average at 92.9 and 85.5, respectively. Seniors might want to keep the higher cost of living in the area in mind when planning their facility and transportation budgets.
- Fridley’s violent crime rate is 15.1, more than seven points lower than the national average of 22.7. However, the city’s property crime rate is 58.9, more than 20 points higher than the national average of 35.4. The high property crime rate is unlikely to affect seniors living in secure facilities due to safety precautions like alarms, cameras and self-locking doors.
- The Fridley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fridley has poor air quality, which could make respiratory conditions worse. The city’s air quality ranks 25 on a scale where 100 represents the areas with the worst air quality, more than 30 points lower than the U.S. average of 58.
- Although summers in Fridley are warm, with temperatures reaching 83 degrees, winters are harsh with lows of 7. The city gets 32 inches of rain each year, and 52 inches of snow, double the national average of 26 inches. Seniors’ families may want to ask prospective facility staff about indoor activities to keep seniors active during periods of inclement weather.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fridley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Fridley start around $6,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fridley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fridley
There are three Medicaid waivers for seniors in Minnesota who need help paying for assisted living facility costs, the Elderly Waiver, the Community Access Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver and the MSC+ & MSHO Medicaid managed care program. All of these waivers have financial requirements and long waiting lists.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fridley
Fridley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fridley, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fridley
Fridley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Fridley, MN
Other Options in Fridley, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fridley
Review of The Landmark of Fridley
Landmark's Cold (and Misleading) Response to Family In Need Our mom and Landmark resident went to hospital few weeks ago – and was abruptly diagnosed with a terminal disease. Mindful that La... Read more
Review of The Landmark of Fridley
On the evening of 2/19, in my mom’s room at Landmark, I witnessed the following: - Male aide (I’m required to omit names), tasked with administering her evening pills, falsely claimed that two o... Read more
Review of The Harbors Senior Living of Fridley
Great community to see my uncle at. Staff was very accommodating to the overflow of guests for my uncle, everyone was in great moods, smiling and striking up conversations, not just robots walking ... Read more