120 Assisted Living Facilities near Brooklyn Park, MN
There are 120 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brooklyn Park area, with 4 in Brooklyn Park and 116 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 487 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brooklyn Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brooklyn Park 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fridley with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brooklyn Park, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Brooklyn Park, MN
116 Assisted Living Facilities near Brooklyn Park, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brooklyn Park
Brooklyn Park is an age-friendly community in Minnesota that strives to include seniors in city activities while promoting their health and lifestyle choices. Even though only 10.1 percent of the population of over 80,000 is aged 65 and over, Brooklyn Park has four assisted living facilities within its limits as well as over 50 more facilities located nearby. These facilities, which are licensed and regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health, are referred to as housing with services in Brooklyn Park and the rest of Minnesota.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brooklyn Park
- Brooklyn Park has a cost of living rating of 112.9, just slightly above the national average of 100 and the Minnesota state average of 106.3. Seniors looking for care in the area are not likely to spend much more here than other locations in the state.
- According to the American Lung Association, Hennepin County, where Brooklyn Park is located, has clean air. The county gets an A for ozone pollution and a passing grade for annual particle pollution. Seniors who love going outside may not be concerned that the air will cause breathing problems.
- Seniors who do not enjoy cold weather may not enjoy living in Brooklyn Park, because it can get cold during the winter. Average low temperatures in January reach seven degrees. In the summer, the weather is pleasant with average high temperatures in July around 83 degrees.
- Brooklyn Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Brooklyn Park Activity Center, an organization that provides a variety of social activities and events for seniors as well as one senior center.
- The Minneapolis/St. Paul MetroTransit system offers bus routes in Brooklyn Park. Seniors who wish to visit the amenities of the big city can take bus route 705 or 723. People age 65 and over can get reduced fares and passes on all local buses, express buses, and METRO rail services.
- Brooklyn Park has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fridley.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brooklyn Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Brooklyn Park start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brooklyn Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brooklyn Park
The state of Minnesota offers both Medicaid and non-Medicaid programs to help seniors cover the cost of assisted living. The Housing Support program provides financial assistance for room and board at assisted living facilities in addition to supplemental money for seniors with special needs. Minnesota's Medicaid system, known as Medical Assistance, offers an Elderly Waiver (EW) program that provides financial support for a wide range of services, including assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brooklyn Park
Brooklyn Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brooklyn Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brooklyn Park
Brooklyn Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brooklyn Park, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brooklyn Park
Review of St Therese of Oxbow Lake
We liked Saint Therese of Oxbow Lake. It's a very nice facility, but it's lacking a little bit in the community areas. It didn't have a warm feeling. They have different room sizes and they're very... Read more
Review of Tradition Independent & Assisted Living
At Tradition Independent & Assisted Living, you can go into an independent apartment and you can just get assisted living as you need it in the same apartment. My experience was very good. The ... Read more
Review of St Therese of Oxbow Lake
I visited St. Therese of Oxbow, it's a little more expensive, it's newer, and they have a swimming pool for members. It's a heated pool, if you have osteoarthritis, it feels good, and I use that po... Read more