75 Assisted Living Facilities near Osseo, MN
With an average cost of $0 in Osseo, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 11 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 3 facilities in Osseo.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Osseo, MN
72 Assisted Living Facilities near Osseo, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Osseo
Osseo is nestled between two large suburbs to the northwest of downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. This small city with just 2,680 residents, has a senior community that makes up 29% of the local population. There are three assisted living communities located within the city and 71 in the surrounding areas to support these seniors. All assisted living facilities in Osseo and throughout the state are licensed and regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Osseo
- Osseo covers just one square mile of area in the northwest suburbs. The local and state governments make it easy for seniors to get around town with a variety of transportation options. MY RIDE is a reservation-based, curb-to-curb van service available to residents. Transit Link offers regional dial-a-ride service and the Osseo Trolley operates from May to September annually, with volunteers providing rides by appointment in golf carts.
- Minnesota winters are famous for harsh conditions, with extreme cold representing one of the greatest challenges to mobility during the winter months. The Minneapolis area averages a total of 152 days per year with a minimum temperature of 20 degrees or lower. Roughly one-quarter of those days see a minimum temperature at or below zero.
- Seniors living in Osseo will find that it is one of the most affordable suburbs in the Twin Cities area, and in Minnesota in general. The average cost of living in Minnesota is 6.3% higher than the US average and Osseo is just 0.3% higher than the state average. Compared to the surrounding suburbs, the city's cost of living is anywhere from 5% to 20% lower.
- Local seniors can walk along Central Avenue while shopping and dining in Osseo with a sense of confidence. The city has a crime rate that is 78% lower than the US average and it is considered safer than 90% of other cities in the United States.
- The Osseo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Maple Grove Hospital, North Memorial Health Hospital, Mercy Hospital-Coon Rapids and Abbott Northwestern Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Osseo seniors may find it hard to live in the area on a fixed budget due to Minnesota's tax system. The state of Minnesota applies a partial tax to Social Security income and applies the full state income tax to income from private retirement accounts, public pensions and private pensions. This rate ranges from 5.35% to 9.85% based on income level.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Osseo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Osseo start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Osseo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Osseo
Medicaid waivers through the state of Minnesota are available to help cover assisted living costs for Osseo seniors. These programs include the Elderly Waiver, Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waiver and the Minnesota Senior Health Options.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Osseo
Osseo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Osseo, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Osseo
Osseo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Osseo, MN
Other Options in Osseo, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Osseo
Review of Arbor Lakes
I love Arbor Lakes in Osseo, and I'm glad that my parents are there. I'm very pleased with the care that my parents are getting. All the nurses and aides have been very attentive. I love the activi... Read more
Review of Benedictine Senior Living at Steeple Pointe
It is to the point now My grandma is having to wear a camera so we can find out what's going on and take the action we need to so she isn't mistreated. My grandmother moved here recently and the of... Read more
Review of Benedictine Senior Living at Steeple Pointe
A nice facility in a nice small-town-feel area where you can walk to what you need, if walking is an option. The single rooms are decent size and clean. There is no staff to be found on the weeken... Read more