83 Assisted Living Facilities near Plymouth, MN
There are 83 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plymouth area, with 4 in Plymouth and 79 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 312 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plymouth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plymouth 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wayzata with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plymouth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Plymouth, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plymouth
Seniors in Plymouth, Minnesota, can enjoy convenient access to the Minneapolis Institute of Art and the Mill City Museum. The city, which sits 15 miles west of downtown Minneapolis, has a population of 78,395, 14.5 percent of whom are seniors aged 65 or older. Seniors who require some extra care have 76 assisted living facilities from which to choose in the Plymouth area with three in the city proper and 73 nearby.
While Minnesota doesn't have separate licenses for assisted living facilities, it does require facilities to register with the state's Department of Health annually. These facilities also have to meet the requirement of either a Class A or Class F home care agency.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plymouth
- The average cost of living in Plymouth is 20 percent higher than the national average and 18 percent higher than Minnesota's median. While this could impact seniors on a fixed income greatly, it's important to note that the cost of healthcare services in Plymouth average eight percent lower than the state average.
- Seniors who are worried about their personal safety may enjoy living in Plymouth. The city's crime rate is 46 percent lower than the state average and 52 percent lower than the national average.
- Plymouth might not be ideal for seniors who are overly sensitive to cold weather. Spring and fall tend to be chilly with average temperatures rarely above 60 degrees. The summers are mild with average high temperatures reaching the mid-80s, and winter months are cold with average low temperatures reach into the low teens.
- Seniors with COPD or other conditions that make breathing difficult might be more comfortable residing in the Plymouth area. The city has an air quality index that's 12 percent better than the national average and a pollution index that's 97 percent better than the national average.
- The Plymouth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Abbott-Northwestern WestHealth, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The amount of money Minnesota seniors have available for assisted living costs may be impacted by the state's income tax. Pension payments and retirement account withdrawals are taxed at a rate of 5.35 percent and Social Security benefits are partially taxed.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plymouth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Plymouth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plymouth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plymouth
Plymouth area seniors who need help paying for assisted living costs might be able to use the state's Elderly Waiver or the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver. Minnesota also offers an optional state supplement for seniors receiving SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plymouth
Plymouth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plymouth, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Plymouth Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plymouth
Plymouth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Plymouth, MN
Other Options in Plymouth, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plymouth
Review of Cherrywood Pointe of Plymouth
I was able to tour Cherrywood Pointe in Plymouth and I thought it was very nice. It was clean, it was new, and the staff seemed friendly and knowledgeable. It was very nice, I liked it. They had so... Read more
Review of Cornerstone Assisted Living
We had my mom ready to go into Cornerstone Assisted Living, but we'd have to put her into memory care there. Having seen other memory cares, it's probably the best one but that's a drastic change, ... Read more
Review of Cornerstone Assisted Living
Half of the staff at Cornerstone had never been trained with a belt to help people stand up. Due to this, they finally said they couldn't provide the services my wife needs. We were disappointed, n... Read more