78 Assisted Living Facilities near Golden Valley, MN
There are 78 Assisted Living Facilities in the Golden Valley area, with 8 in Golden Valley and 70 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Golden Valley is $4,614 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Saint Louis Park with an average starting cost of $2,817.
To help you with your search, browse the 277 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Golden Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Golden Valley 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Saint Louis Park with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Golden Valley find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Golden Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Golden Valley, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Golden Valley
Bordered by the Theodore Wirth Regional Park and Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, Golden Valley provides seniors looking to reside in the city with many walking trails and public outdoor spaces. Golden Valley boasts a sizable senior population with 20 percent of the city's roughly 20,000 residents age 65 and over. There are six assisted living facilities within Golden Valley and more than 60 in the surrounding towns to provide care for citizens who struggle with daily tasks.
The Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Human Services oversees assisted living communities which are called Housing with services (HWS) throughout Golden Valley and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Golden Valley
- The cost of living in Golden Valley is 25.6 percent higher than the national average with most expenses deriving from housing and transportation. Health and grocery costs, however, are lower than typical rates which could be beneficial for seniors on a restricted monthly income.
- The coldest winter month in Golden Valley is January which averages a low temperature of eight degrees Fahrenheit. This extreme cold combined with an average snowfall of 55 inches per year can make winter difficult for seniors who prefer outdoor activities.
- While Golden Valley experiences a higher than average number of property crimes, the city boasts few instances of violent crimes. Seniors living within the community have a one in 1,196 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime in comparison to the state average of one in 420.
- The Golden Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Regency Minneapolis, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Golden Valley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Golden Valley 55+ Adult Programs Office, an organization that regularly creates a calendar of activities and newsletter catered to older adults, as well as one senior center.
- Seniors within Golden Valley can enjoy extensive culture and arts opportunities including the Mary Wanderers trip program provided through the local senior center. The close proximity to Minneapolis also makes it easy for residents and their families to explore local museums, parks and theatres.
Paying for Assisted Living in Golden Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Golden Valley start around $4,599 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Golden Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Golden Valley
As residents of Hennepin County which is a participant in Minnesota's Elderly Waiver (EW) program, Golden Valley seniors can receive care waivers to help pay for the costs associated with assisted living as long as they meet eligibility requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Golden Valley
Golden Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Golden Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Golden Valley
Golden Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Golden Valley, MN
Other Options in Golden Valley, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Golden Valley
Review of Meadow Ridge Senior Living
I moved into Meadow Ridge Senior Living. Everything about them is excellent, the food is excellent, and the service is excellent. The staff is excellent, they're all friendly, and they're all very ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Golden Valley
The most important thing to know about this place is that they are usually short staffed and have a high rate of turn-over. They only hire untrained front line staff (cheaper) who start out happy a... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Golden Valley
The layout of Sunrise of Golden Valley works well for people who don't quite need nursing home care, but might need a little bit more than just assisted living. We chose it because it's relatively ... Read more