122 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Louis Park, MN
There are 122 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Louis Park area, with 2 in Saint Louis Park and 120 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Louis Park is $2,817 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include St Louis Park with an average starting cost of $1,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 473 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Louis Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Louis Park 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hopkins with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Louis Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Louis Park, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Louis Park
Located immediately west of Minneapolis, the suburban city of Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, gives seniors a relaxed small-town environment and quick access to the bustling downtown area of the City of Lakes. It has three assisted living facilities and 59 in nearby areas including Minneapolis, Minnetonka and Edina. In Saint Louis Park as in the rest of Minnesota, these facilities are referred to as Housing with Services (HWS) establishments with Assisted Living designation and are registered with the state’s Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Louis Park
- The climate in Saint Louis Park is similar to Minneapolis which experiences frigid winters with an average low of 7 degrees Fahrenheit in January and a higher amount of snowfall than the national average. This may be a concern for seniors looking to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Saint Louis Park’s cost of living surpasses the national average by 19.1 percent primarily due to expensive housing and transportation costs, while groceries and health-related expenses are cheaper than the U.S. averages. Also, the city’s assisted living costs are more affordable than in Minneapolis and the national median.
- Saint Louis Park has a lower crime rate than neighboring Minneapolis and the national average, making the city a safer place to live for aging residents.
- The city of Saint Louis Park is served by Metro Transit which operates around the Minneapolis–Saint Paul area. It offers reduced fares for adults 65+ who want to explore the Twin Cities.
- Seniors can enjoy the local arts and culture offerings of Saint Louis Park and those in nearby Minneapolis, Golden Valley and other surrounding areas. They can watch live events at the Wolfe Park Veteran’s Memorial Ampitheater, view the city hall’s public art display, visit local museums and participate in art classes and other cultural activities offered through the St. Louis Park Senior Program at the Lenox Community Center.
- The Saint Louis Park area is home to world-class medical facilities including Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, HealthPartners West Clinic and Life Medical Clinic and Minnesota Medical & Rehabilitative Services in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Louis Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Saint Louis Park start around $2,817 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Louis Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Louis Park
The state of Minnesota provides financial subsidy for eligible seniors 65 and over on housing with services (HWS) establishments with assisted living status in Saint Louis Park through the Elderly Waiver (EW) or the Alternative Care (AC) Program of the state’s Department of Health.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Louis Park
Saint Louis Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Louis Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Louis Park
Saint Louis Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Louis Park, MN
Other Options in Saint Louis Park, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Louis Park
Review of Parkshore Senior Campus
We went to see Parkshore Senior Campus in St. Louis Park. The staff seemed very open and friendly and knowledgeable. They took the time to give me a very detailed tour. We got to see the rooms and ... Read more
Review of Menorah Plaza
Menorah Plaza is an excellent choice for those with low incomes. The apartments are comfortable and cozy. We had a one bedroom but I believe they offer 2-bedrooms as well. The building itself i... Read more
Review of Menorah Plaza
This is a great option for folks with lower incomes and need a comfortable apartment home. There are very few options in the twin cities that offer the programming and support that the team at... Read more