90 Assisted Living Facilities near Minnetonka, MN
There are 90 Assisted Living Facilities in the Minnetonka area, with 12 in Minnetonka and 78 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Minnetonka is $4,545 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Wayzata with an average starting cost of $3,365.
To help you with your search, browse the 351 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Minnetonka. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Minnetonka 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hopkins with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Minnetonka find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Minnetonka, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Minnetonka, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Minnetonka
With a fully developed suburban community and convenient location just 8 miles west of Minneapolis, the city of Minnetonka, Minnesota, offers a practical, comfortable place for seniors. Residents who are 65 and above make up 19.5 percent of the population, and it has 11 assisted living facilities which are referred to as Housing with Services (HWS) establishments with Assisted Living designation. In Minnetonka and the rest of the Land of 10,000 Lakes, these HWS establishments are registered with the state’s Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Minnetonka
- Although Minnetonka’s cost of living is 14 percent higher than the U.S. average and there are state taxes on social security income, pensions and retirement benefits in Minnesota, the average cost of assisted living in Minnetonka is more affordable than in Minneapolis.
- Minnetonka is a relatively safe place to live for seniors due its lower crime rate as compared to Minneapolis and the rest of the United States.
- Senior residents in Minnetonka can travel around the community and explore the Twin Cities through Metro Transit buses at reduced fares for passengers 65+. For citizens with disabilities or certain health conditions, Metro Mobility offers shared rides to various local destinations.
- The Minnetonka area is home to world-class medical facilities including North Memorial Health - Minnetonka Medical Center, Park Nicollet Clinic and Allina Healthcare Minnetonka Clinic in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are several local arts and culture offerings in Minnetonka for seniors to experience. Exhibits by the Minnetonka Center for the Arts are always free, and there are free public performances from the Creo Arts & Dance Conservatory, Minnetonka Symphony Orchestra and other groups under the Music Association of Minnetonka in certain events. Patrons 65+ get ticket discounts on Minnetonka Theatre shows, and the city's community senior activities include oil painting, chorale performances and cultural trips.
- Minnetonka has an array of community resources for seniors including Senior Community Services, an organization that offers Medicare health insurance counseling, affordable home maintenance services, assistance on finding support services for seniors and a web-based tool for senior care teams as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Minnetonka
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Minnetonka start around $4,562 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Minnetonka and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Minnetonka
To cover the costs in housing with services (HWS) establishments with assisted living status in Minnetonka, eligible seniors may benefit from the Elderly Waiver (EW) or the Alternative Care (AC) Program of the Minnesota Department of Health.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Minnetonka
Minnetonka and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Minnetonka, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Minnetonka
Minnetonka-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Minnetonka, MN
Other Options in Minnetonka, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Minnetonka
Review of Sunrise of Minnetonka
Sunrise of Minnetonka was beautiful. The rooms were beautiful with walk-in showers and their own bathrooms. They have Elderly Waiver rooms. They have a beautiful dining room with a menu and lots of... Read more
Review of The Landings of Minnetonka
The Landings of Minnetonka's surroundings are very nice. They provide board games and exercises. The studios could be larger though. The dining room is very nice. The place itself is close to shopp... Read more
Review of The Glenn Minnetonka
I would like to commend the staff members in memory care for doing such a wonderful (and very difficult) job. The gentle kindness and care you show the residents is beyond measure. Thank you! Read more