93 Assisted Living Facilities near Eden Prairie, MN
There are 93 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eden Prairie area, with 8 in Eden Prairie and 85 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Eden Prairie is $3,009 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 375 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eden Prairie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eden Prairie 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Shakopee with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eden Prairie, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Eden Prairie, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie is near the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area and was ranked the #1 Place to Live in America by Money Magazine in 2010. There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in the Eden Prairie area, eight within the town and another 52 close-by. ALFs are also known as housing services in Minnesota and are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eden Prairie
- Seniors who are looking to cut costs should be aware that the average cost of living in Eden Prairie is 26.6 percent higher than the national average. Seniors can expect to spend about 5 percent more on groceries and 2 percent more on transportation here than they would elsewhere.
- The air quality in Hennepin County received an excellent Ozone grade of A and Particle Pollution 24-hour score B from the American Lung Association. This means seniors with sensitive lungs or a respiratory illness can enjoy the fresh air.
- The Eden Prairie area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Southdale Hospital and MedExpress Urgent Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Eden Prairie has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wednesday Book Club, an organization that gives seniors a chance to read, chat and exercise their mind, as well as one senior center.
- The winter in Eden Prairie may be difficult for some seniors to adjust to. The city receives an annual snowfall of 51 inches per year, and temperatures fall to an average low of six degrees in January. Summers are pleasant, however, with a July high of 84 degrees.
- Crime in Eden Prairie is low compared to the national average. Property crime is ranked 24.4 out of 100 (1 is safest) compared to the U. S. average of 38.1. Violent crime is even lower with a score of 22.5 versus the nation's 31.1 average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eden Prairie
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Eden Prairie start around $3,009 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eden Prairie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eden Prairie
The state of Minnesota offers financial assistance to help seniors in need meet the cost of assisted living. Qualified seniors may be covered through Medical Assistance, Minnesota's Medicaid plan, or one of its waiver programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eden Prairie, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Eden Prairie, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eden Prairie
Review of Prairie Bluffs Senior Living
I am a resident of Prairie Bluffs Senior Living, and I'm in the assisted living. My daughter picked this out because she wanted me to live here. It's fine. I get my meals, and they bring my medic... Read more
Review of The Waters of Eden Prairie
I toured The Waters of Eden Prairie for my mother. It was very nice, and very beautiful. It's been newly refurnished, and they got everything that my mother would need. I only met one person, and t... Read more
Review of Prairie Bluffs Senior Living
My Father moved into this community a year ago and we could not be more pleased with his choice. We looked at quite a few communities before he decided on Prairie Bluffs. He liked that it was local... Read more