47 Assisted Living Facilities
47 Assisted Living Facilities
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Shakopee
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Shakopee area, with 2 in Shakopee and 45 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 182 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Shakopee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Shakopee 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Shorewood with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Shakopee, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Shakopee, MN
45 Assisted Living Facilities near Shakopee, MN
Promotion ends in 33 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Other Options in Shakopee, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Shakopee
Review of All Saints Senior Living
So far, it's been just fine. They have done a good job, he seems to have settled down, and he is getting good care. He seems to be pretty happy there. They have a walking club, and there is a woman... Read more
Review of St. Gertrudes Health and Rehabilitation Center
We visited the Gardens at St. Gertrudes assisted living facility while in the Shakopee area. Our aunt requires more care than our family can provide, so it is time to find a good home for her. The... Read more
Assisted Living near Scott County, MN
More Options Near Shakopee, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Shakopee
Shakopee, Minnesota is located southwest of the heavily populated Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is a smaller town with an interesting history — its Historic District features burial mounds leftover from prehistoric Native American cultures. Seniors who love history (and ghost stories) will be happy to know that there are 62 assisted living facilities in the Shakopee area, with two of these facilities located in Shakopee itself and the other 60 in the surrounding areas. In Shakopee, and the rest of Minnesota, assisted living facilities (ALFs) are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health and are held to a strict set of rules and standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Shakopee
- The cost of living in Shakopee is 10 percent higher than the national average and 7 percent higher than the state average. Seniors may find that the items they buy at the grocery store or other services they take part in are more expensive than they are in other cities.
- The crime rate in Shakopee is 25 percent lower than the national average. It is reportedly safer than 56 percent of cities in the United States, which can make seniors feel more secure in their residences.
- The Shakopee area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the St. Francis Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Shakopee, Minnesota is reportedly poor. Many months see highs in the 20-degree-Fahrenheit range with high amounts of precipitation. This precipitation, whether it be rain or snow, can make traveling and walking difficult for seniors.
- The air quality in Shakopee is 11 percent better than the national median, but the pollution index is 51 percent worse. This means that seniors with respiratory conditions may find breathing difficult at times due to pollutants in the air.
- There are multiple transportation options for seniors in Shakopee and the rest of Scott County, Minnesota. Dial-a-Ride, for example, provides rides available by request for seniors who need to get to various destinations.
Paying for Assisted Living in Shakopee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Shakopee start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Shakopee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Shakopee
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living in Minnesota via programs like Elderly Waiver, which is part of Minnesota's Medicaid program. They may also receive assistance from state programs such as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant (CSG).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Shakopee
Shakopee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Shakopee
Shakopee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.