40 Assisted Living Facilities near Prior Lake, MN
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Prior Lake area, with 4 in Prior Lake and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Prior Lake is $6,450 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Savage with an average starting cost of $2,900.
To help you with your search, browse the 119 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Prior Lake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Prior Lake 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Savage with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Prior Lake, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Prior Lake, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Prior Lake
Prior Lake is a developing suburb of Minneapolis and St. Paul with a small-town feel. The Prior Lake area has 57 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), with two in town and another 55 located nearby. The licensing and regulation of these facilities, also known as housing services in Minnesota, is handled by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Prior Lake
- Scott County received an excellent A rating for its air quality from the American Lung Association. This could be a major benefit for seniors living with a respiratory illness or bronchial condition.
- Seniors on a tight budget may find that living in Prior Lake is a strain on their finances. The cost of living in Prior Lake is 24.9 percent higher than the national average, making it more expensive than the majority of the state.
- The cold, snowy winters in Prior Lake could be a drawback for many seniors. January temperatures fall to an average low of 6 degrees, and the city receives 49 inches of annual snowfall, nearly double the U. S. average.
- The Prior Lake area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Ridges Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Metro Transit connects the public throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The express bus route goes into nearby Shakopee and has a stop in Downtown Prior Lake. Seniors can ride at a discounted rate with proof of age or disability.
- Seniors and their loved ones may appreciate the low crime rate in Prior Lake. Violent crime at 22.9 out of 100 is lower than the U. S. average of 31.1 (1 being safest). Property crime is lower as well at 26.1 to 38.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Prior Lake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Prior Lake start around $6,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Prior Lake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Prior Lake
Seniors who need help covering the costs of assisted living in Minnesota have several options. The state offers a few non-Medicaid programs such as the Consumer Support Grant (CSG). Seniors who have Medical Assistance (MA), the state's Medicaid program, may be eligible for assisted living coverage and additional Medicaid waivers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Prior Lake
Prior Lake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Prior Lake, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Prior Lake
Prior Lake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Prior Lake, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Prior Lake
Review of Touching Lives of Prior Lake
My 50 year old son Sean, was at Touching Lives for only a short time prior to his death. I wish I had found them sooner. Staff - don't just consider it a job – they are extremely caring, friendly a... Read more
Review of Touching Lives of Prior Lake
Touching Lives. Just what the name says!! From day one Touching Lives has made us all feel like family. Always involving the family in activities, always keeping my mom safe and secure. Touchi... Read more
Review of New Perspective | Prior Lake
After looking at numerous living options for a family member, we were blessed to find New Perspective Senior Living of Prior Lake. We immediately knew New Perspective was a great fit for my Aunt. C... Read more