25 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakeville, MN
Also serving communities of Elko.
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lakeville area, with 3 in Lakeville and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lakeville is $2,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 88 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lakeville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lakeville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Northfield with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lakeville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lakeville, MN
22 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakeville, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lakeville
Lakeville is located 20 miles south of the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, making it easy for local seniors to enjoy visiting the Mall of America and the Minnesota Zoo. The city is home to 63,748 people, 8.1 percent of whom are aged 65 and older. To serve its senior population, Lakeville has three assisted living facilities from which to choose and another 21 are nearby.
These facilities are required to register with the Minnesota Department of Human Services each year and meet requirements set for Class A or Class F home care providers. The state conducts regular inspections to ensure residents receive proper care and have a safe environment in which to live.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lakeville
- Seniors who aren't fond of cold weather might not enjoy living in Lakeville. Like the rest of Minnesota, Lakeville is prone to harsh winter weather with average temperatures in the teens and frequent snowfall. Spring, summer, and fall are all mild seasons though, making it easy for seniors to enjoy outdoor activities when possible.
Pollution in Lakeville is 52 percent worse than the national average, which could be a problem for seniors with chronic breathing conditions.
- Lakeville's overall cost of living is 12 percent higher than the state average and 14 percent higher than the national average. However, the cost of healthcare services averages eight percent lower than Minnesota's median. This may make it easier for seniors on a fixed income to find affordable options.
- The crime rate in Lakeville is 58 percent lower than the state average and 63 percent lower than the national average. The city may be a good option for seniors worried about personal safety because the violent crime rate is 71 percent lower than the state average.
- Seniors in Lakeville have to pay income tax on retirement account withdrawals and pension payments. The state also imposes a partial income tax on Social Security benefits, which could affect the amount of available funds seniors have to pay for assisted living.
- The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority operates a public bus service in the city. It also has an express route into Minneapolis, making it easier for seniors to get into the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lakeville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Lakeville start around $2,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lakeville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lakeville
Seniors who need financial assistance for assisted living might be eligible for one of the state's two Medicaid waiver programs: the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver and the Elderly Waiver. Minnesota also has an optional state supplement available for SSI recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lakeville
Lakeville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lakeville, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Lakeville Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lakeville
Lakeville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lakeville, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lakeville
Review of The Fountains at Hosanna
This is an amazing place. Our Dad is well taken care of. The staff are kind, compassionate, and very responsive. I would recommend this facility 💯%. Read more
Review of Highview Hills
My husband and I currently live in a 2 bedroom Independent apartment. He attends Memory Care 4 - 6 hours per day. I have dealt with many problems on his behalf including the administration of his... Read more
Review of The Fountains at Hosanna
We looked at The Fountains at Hosanna. The tour was very nice. We were impressed by the building. The unit seemed a little small, but it was nice. The person who gave us the tour was very pleasant ... Read more