45 Assisted Living Facilities near Rosemount, MN
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rosemount area, with 3 in Rosemount and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rosemount is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 165 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rosemount. Better rated regions include Apple Valley with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rosemount, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Rosemount, MN
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Rosemount, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rosemount
Many of Rosemount's early settlers were Irish Catholic immigrants and the city still celebrates this heritage. Seniors may wish to join the fellow residents at Leprechaun Days, an annual festival with food, music, a carnival and parade designed to strengthen the community. The city is home to 24,000 people, with almost 10 percent of residents aged 65 and over. Seniors can find accommodation in one of the area's 42 assisted living facilities, which are monitored by Minnesota's Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rosemount
- All retirement income, including Social Security benefits, are subject to income tax in Minnesota and the tax rates are among the highest in the country. Some items, including medicine, most clothing and groceries, are exempt from sales tax, but as sales taxes on other items are relatively high, seniors in Rosemount may have a large tax bill.
- The Rosemount area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Ridges Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority provides public transport in the Rosemount area. Riders aged 65 and over are eligible for reduced fares during non-rush hour periods. Some seniors may also be able to access Metro Mobility, a shared-ride, door-to-door service.
- Rosemount has a thriving arts and culture community, nurtured by the Rosemount Area Arts Council. Seniors interested in theater may wish to join the Second Act Players of Rosemount, a theater group for people aged 50 and over. Literary-minded seniors can get involved in a literary group or visit the annual Rosemount Writer's Festival.
- Seniors may find Rosemount's harsh winters challenging. In January the average low temperature is 4 degrees and the city gets 40 inches of snow each year, 14 inches more than the national average. Seniors may wish to inquire about how residents are kept comfortable during extreme weather events.
- Rosemount's crime rate is lower than 70 percent of other communities in the U.S. The violent crime rate is 0.58 crimes per 1,000 residents, almost two points lower than the Minnesota rate. The property crime rate of 8.54 is around 13 points lower than the state rate, which safety-conscious seniors may find reassuring.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rosemount
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Rosemount start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rosemount and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rosemount
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rosemount
Rosemount and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rosemount, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rosemount
Rosemount-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.