97 Assisted Living Facilities near Apple Valley, MN
There are 97 Assisted Living Facilities in the Apple Valley area, with 3 in Apple Valley and 94 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 387 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Apple Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Apple Valley 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eagan with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Apple Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Apple Valley, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Apple Valley
In a population of 52,099, Apple Valley is home to some 19,905 individuals age 50 or older. To meet the needs of these residents, Apple Valley has a total of 61 assisted living facilities (ALFs), three of which are within the city. Most of the communities operate in nearby locations, including Burnsville, Rosemount and Bloomington. The Minnesota Department of Health is responsible for ALF registration and authorizes ALFs to provide services such as medication administration, laundry, housekeeping, monitoring, socialization activities and transportation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Apple Valley
- Seniors might find winters in Apple Valley difficult, as snowfall in the city is 45 inches a year and temperatures typically falling as low as 6 degrees Fahrenheit. This contributes to Apple Valley's low Sperling's Comfort Index (38 out of 100).
- Regarding air quality, Apple Valley holds its own against the national average of 58 out of 100, receiving a slightly worse rank of 53. The rank is based on the EPA’s National Air Toxic Assessment. Risk of respiratory disease sits at 50.4, which is lower than the rest of the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington metro (41.9) but higher than the rest of the state (54.1).
- While Apple Valley isn’t as expensive as other areas of the state or metro region, it still has a cost of living of 114.6 compared to the national average of 100. Seniors with limited incomes might have to budget more tightly to make this work.
- Apple Valley seniors might qualify for the Age 65 or Older-Disabled subtraction so that not as much of their income is taxed. But overall, the state doesn’t offer much financial help in the tax arena. Social security is taxed partially. Both public and private income are taxed.
- Seniors should take reasonable safety precautions in Apple Valley to avoid crime targeting. Property crime ranks 38.4 compared to the national average of 38.1. But violent crime is lower than the national average of 31.1, resting at 25.7.
- Apple Valley is home to world-class medical facilities, including Apple Valley Medical Center and Fairview Ridges Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Apple Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Apple Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Apple Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Apple Valley
Minnesota has a handful of ways for seniors in Apple Valley to get financial help for their ALF services. Options to investigate include the Elderly Waiver, the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver, Minnesota Personal Care Assistant (PCA) program, Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and Senior Care Plus (MSC+).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Apple Valley
Apple Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Apple Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Apple Valley
Apple Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Apple Valley, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Apple Valley
Review of Ecumen Centennial House
The staff at Ecumen was very gracious and welcoming. Everything about the building looked beautiful, but the room that they would have offered my mom was a studio and too small. The décor and the e... Read more
Review of Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley
Ecumen would rate quite high because it is one of our favorites. It was a good location for us. It was quite a new facility and has up-to-date amenities that you would expect. They had a range of v... Read more
Review of Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley
Seasons at Apple Valley was a top-notch facility when it opened and the staff was super. The new housing manager has let everything decline significantly. Building is dirty and not maintained very ... Read more