Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

Reviews of Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

Assisted Living Reviews for Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

November 25, 2016

By ybqueen

Seasons at Apple Valley was a top-notch facility when it opened and the staff was super. The new housing manager has let everything decline significantly. Building is dirty and not maintained very well. Dining servers no longer care and they don't even dress professionally. Worst thing is the pricing. Ecumen has priced themselves out of the market. And they nickel-and-dime for every little thing. We absolutely can no longer recommend this facility.

January 15, 2016

By Karla7

This facility was open and inviting from the moment we walked through the front doors. We were impressed with the fact that employees new the residents names. The other thing that was nice were the a'la carte assistance program options. The food also is amazing.

October 22, 2015

By Daughter126

The facility is nice and the care used to be good. However, we have seen a steady decline in the quality of staff. With a recent nursing supervisor change, the quality of care drop has been drastic. We are concerned about my mother and actively seeking a move for her. I am sad to say I would not recommend this location for your loved one.

November 01, 2014

My sister-in-law is in Ecumen. Our experience with the facility is excellent. The surroundings and the rooms are very good. There is one bedroom and bath. They are in good size, but they are not super big. They have nice staff. They have activities, but I wish there were more. My sister-in-law is happy there.

July 29, 2014

By Pat89866050

We like Ecumen Seasons and the way the care is offered. We like the structure and the general level of service. The staff was very helpful. They were very competent and very resident-centered. My mom’s been there for a little over a week. They have movies, speakers, different craft activities, book clubs, and social groups that meet every single day.

March 27, 2014

My mother is in Ecumen Seasons, and the staff there seems to be cooperative. The rooms seem to be fine. The only thing I want them to have is a microwave oven. They have activities, like baking parties. They have a rec room where she can play cards with her friends and make new friends. They have a dining room also.

August 27, 2013

By Mary62435850

Both me and my husband is at Ecumen Season. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The accommodation is very good and the food is also good.

July 29, 2013

By Princess2

From the rehabilitation center, we moved mom to Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley and it has been good so far. She has a one-bedroom apartment, which is spacious enough with a balcony and she has her own washer and drier. The food is very good. Price wise, it is affordable. They have a lot of activities like bingo and theater and other stuffs. They just need to improve on their staff, but my mom is happy there.

April 19, 2013

By ReganL

Seasons has been a great place to have my mother reside. The staff are wonderful and appear to make life a bit easier for the residents to make this their home. The building itself has many different activities and things the residents can do which give them a chance to make new friends. I am looking forward to Spring ..like the rest of us to enjoy the beautiful grounds of Seasons. Thank you again to the wonderful staff that have made this transition for my mother a pleasant one.

November 07, 2012

Ecumen is brand new. It's beautiful. But the way things look and the way things really are, when a patient is there isn't always what you see. The staff was very helpful, but it seems very, very limited.

October 01, 2012

By Vicky of Apple Valley

My Mother-In-Law was one of the first resident's to move into Seasons. My Mom-in-Law has moments that she forgets she's not the Lovely Princess and acts more like the Ugly Troll. :) Thankfully, the staff at Seasons look past her being the occasional ugly troll. Seriously, this facility and the staff are beyond the 5 stars. MIL is always well cared for in her assisted living apartment. We visit her different days of the week-every week, and her apartment is well kept, she and her clothing is clean, she is well fed, she considers some of the aides her friends, and she has never ushered one complaint (she was always complaining about another assisted living facility she lived in). I would recommend this facility to anyone whom wants to find a quality home for their loved ones!!

August 28, 2012

By RichardStryor

All in all, I would say the staff here is caring and kind. Many of the staff make a genuine effort to comfort and allay the concerns of those living here. At times, they almost treat the residents like family. It was a great thing to see. The building itself was very fine. The inside is clean and warm, with plenty of things to do. Many of those here seem very happy: they seem to get along great, and it's easy for them to bond with all the outside activities such as walking trails and a nice landscape. While the staff is kind, they tend to keep out of the way and it makes the experience less surreal than most places, which is extremely convenient. Additionally, the surrounding area is great; there's a lot to do. Basically every store you would want is contained within a two mile radius of here, so it keeps the residents on their feet while at the same time providing a situation where anything is just five minutes away.

February 28, 2012

By Jeffery1

My grandpa was moving out of his old home into a new one closer to my parents' house. During the move he needed a temporary place to stay that would be able to provide him with help if he needed it. So he got a place there for 2 months while we moved him into his new home. I visited him a few times a week and he loved it. Despite his old age he is quite the social butterfly so having other people his age to talk to and play cards with was great. It took his mind off of the move and kept him totally stress-free. Although I didn't run into to many staff members while there the few I did were very kind and always willing to lend a helping hand if one was needed. Although it would have been nice to see a bit more staff around to make sure everyone was taken care of.

Independent Living Reviews for Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

April 01, 2021

By Sylvia

I visited Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley. It was very, very nice. The main difference was they did not have something available right now, for one thing. I think the price, if I calculate all the numbers, would have been very close to the same as the other one, although a little bit more expensive -- but not much. The staff were very nice. The lady who took us on a tour was exceptional, as far as marketing. The room that we were able to look at was only a one-bedroom because they did not have a two-bedroom open to view right now. The room was very nice; it is just not what I needed right now. The Seasons did have a stacked washer and dryer available in some rooms. The place was very nice, and I would say it was top rate, as far as I am concerned.

August 24, 2015

The main reason we didn't take Ecumen Seasons for my mother-in-law is because they didn’t have any one-bedrooms available. They only had a two-bedroom, and you have to be on their waiting list until a one-bedroom came up. It has everything included into the price, and it would have been the most convenient for us because we live in Apple Valley. They have a lot of activities at this location. It was the most expensive of the ones we looked at, and they had the most things available, but they had a lot of meals included also, which is something that we learned from the past would be wasted, and they didn't have any one-bedroom available. So that was also a reason to not go with them, because the smallest thing they had available immediately was a two-bedroom. They were very nice and thoroughly explained everything, so it was good. It was a nice place, not just the right one.

Memory Care Reviews for Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

Questions about Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

What programs or activities does Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Fitness classes, walking club, Church services, support groups, morning Reflections with our Chaplain, bingo, a variety of card games, Wii bowling, social hour, movies, and other opportunities to get involved. A monthly birthday celebration with live music. Life-Long Learning

What places are near Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Restaurants, shops, a park, and a walking path

What transportation services does Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley offer to assisted living residents?

We offer a van service that drives residents to local stores.

What safety features or security measures does Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley offer to assisted living residents?

All residents wear a pendant to call for help. Our doors are locked on the weekends, and after 5:00 pm on the weekdays. Security cameras throughout the building.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

A variety of restaurants, shopping, a park that offers concerts in the summer months, a library, and the airport is only 20 minutes away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley has organized?

Lunch outings, Apple Orchard, Zoo, Plays, Conservatory, Scenic drives

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Autumn Leaves Restaurant, Movie Theatre, Library, Amber Club, Fitness Center, Beauty Salon, Learning Center, Chapel, and Harvest Cafe

What safety features or security measures does Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley offer to independent living residents?

A Daily " I'm Ok " check, a pendant for emergency use, and security cameras

Describe the neighborhood around Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood, near a park and some shops and restaurants.

Costs for Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

• In Home Health

Payment options

• Check

About Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley

A lovely four-story building located near restaurants, shopping, and a park that hosts concerts in the summer months. We offer independent/assisted living and dementia care. Residents can transition from independent living to assisted living in the same apartment.

Home to the Autumn Leaves Restaurant where our residents and families can enjoy a variety of meals prepared by one of our four chefs on staff.

Map of Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley