59 Assisted Living Facilities near Burnsville, MN
Also serving communities of Savage.
There are 59 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burnsville area, with 9 in Burnsville and 50 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burnsville is $8,125 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 272 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burnsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burnsville 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bloomington with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burnsville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Burnsville, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burnsville
Burnsville began as a small Irish community and has grown to become the tenth largest city in Minnesota. The Burnsville area is home to 56 assisted living facilities (ALFs), with nine in city limits and 47 in towns nearby. ALFs in Minnesota are also known as housing services and are generally defined as communal residences that provide 24-hour supervision and assistance with health care and activities of daily living (ADLs). The licensing and regulation of these facilities are controlled by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burnsville
- The cost of living in Burnsville is 13.7 percent higher than the national average. The costs of groceries, transportation and miscellaneous goods and services are higher in Burnsville than the state average, so the area may be less affordable for seniors on a tight budget.
- The Burnsville area offers many arts and culture activities for seniors to enjoy. History buffs can learn about the town's rural past at Dakota City Heritage Village. At Chanhassen Dinner Theater, seniors receive a discount for a selection of evening performances.
- Seniors who cannot tolerate the cold may not enjoy the weather in Burnsville. Though the summer high averages 83 degrees Fahrenheit, Burnsville gets 45 inches of snow per year and drops to an average low of 6 degrees in January.
- Violent crime in this city is very low, helping seniors feel more secure in the area. Burnsville scores 10.9 out of 100 (1 being the safest), compared with the national average of 31.1. The rate of property crime is higher at 43.3, while the national average is 38.1.
- Burnsville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Burnsville’s Senior Services, which offer nature walks, volunteer opportunities and recreational sports, as well as the Burnsville Senior Center.
- The Burnsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Ridges Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burnsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Burnsville start around $8,125 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burnsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burnsville
Qualified seniors in Minnesota can get help paying for assisted living costs through Medical Assistance (MA), the state's Medicaid plan, and Home and Community-Based Service Waivers. As of 2018, the only non-Medicaid program available in Minnesota to help cover assisted living costs is Housing Support for low-income seniors and people with disabilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burnsville
Burnsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burnsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burnsville
Burnsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Burnsville, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burnsville
Review of Carefree Living Burnsville
Our mother moved here eight months ago from independent living. Our family was looking for a safe home-like environment for Mom with plenty of creative activities and a warm and supportive staff. M... Read more
Review of Brookview Cottage, Inc.
Rooms are nice and clean Staff is friendly and good at what they do. Know of outside programs. Nice house in a quiet residential setting. Large deck off side of house Cook what clients like. Read more
Review of The Lodge on Summit Oaks
I work for an outside company and I visit patients at The Lodge. Patients have no activities, outings, or entertainment. Food ranges from boxed meals, to whatever aides and nurses make. Personal ca... Read more