117 Assisted Living Facilities near Richfield, MN
There are 117 Assisted Living Facilities in the Richfield area, with 5 in Richfield and 112 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Richfield is $2,678 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include St Louis Park with an average starting cost of $1,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 417 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Richfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richfield 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hopkins with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Richfield, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richfield
Richfield is located in Hennepin County, Minnesota. Although it may not be a household name, Richfield is home to the headquarters of one of the biggest technology retailers in the United States, Best Buy. Whether they're technologically inclined or not, Richfield has a lot to offer seniors, including 58 assisted living facilities. Four of these facilities are located in Richfield itself, and the others are located in towns nearby. In Richfield and the rest of Minnesota, assisted living facilities (ALF) are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health and are held to a strict set of rules and standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richfield
- The cost of living in Richfield is three points higher than the national average. Goods and services may be slightly more expensive here than in other places, but not unusually so.
- The crime rate in Richfield is four percent lower than the national average, so seniors can take comfort that Richfield is reportedly safer than other similar areas.
- The Richfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Hennepin County Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Richfield is a bit of a mixed bag, and summers can be very hot (with temperatures in the upper 80s or higher), while the spring and winter months can be very chilly (around 20 degrees Fahrenheit). Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may have to plan ahead.
- The air quality in Richfield is eleven percent better than the national average, and the amount of pollution is 64 percent better. This makes Richfield an ideal city for seniors with respiratory conditions, as there are fewer irritants in the air.
- Richfield has many options for seniors who are interested in arts and culture. Richfield Recreation, for example, links seniors to programs like cooking classes, yoga groups and other community activities they may enjoy.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Richfield start around $2,678 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richfield
Eligible seniors in Richfield can apply for financial assistance for assisted living in Minnesota via programs like Minnesota Medicaid. They may also receive assistance from state programs such as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant (CSG).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richfield
Richfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richfield
Richfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Richfield, MN
Other Options in Richfield, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richfield
Review of Havenwood of Richfield
My father moved into memory care shortly after Havenwood opened summer of 2018. There were still some things that needed fine-tuning such as the dining room and activities. Initially the food was... Read more
Review of Mainstreet Village
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Search on! Our loved ones where in the memory care unit and the staff was very inconsistent. Long call light waits, forgetting to give important meds almo... Read more
Review of Havenwood of Richfield
We moved into assisted living in Havenwood Senior Living of Richfield. It's a brand-new building and it has so far been just fine. Were just kind of getting settled in. It's wonderful and it's rea... Read more