91 Assisted Living Facilities near Brooklyn Center, MN
There are 91 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brooklyn Center area, with 4 in Brooklyn Center and 87 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 387 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brooklyn Center. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brooklyn Center 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brooklyn Park with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brooklyn Center, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Brooklyn Center, MN
87 Assisted Living Facilities near Brooklyn Center, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brooklyn Center
Settled on the banks of the Mississippi Rivers and along the edge of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brooklyn Center is a medium-sized city that is home to 60 parks, 50 soccer fields, 28 baseball fields and two golf courses, making it a great place for seniors who love to venture outdoors and enjoy spectator sports. Brooklyn Center has a population of around 31,000 residents, 11 percent aged 65 and over.
The Brooklyn Center area is also home to 88 assisted living facilities, and four of them are within the city limits. In Brooklyn Center and in the rest of Minnesota, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) oversees and licenses assisted living facilities, known in the area as Housing With Services (HWS).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brooklyn Center
- Getting around town and the local area is easy for seniors with Metro Transit and its bus service. Buses run daily with the exception of some holidays.
- Seniors don't receive much tax relief in Minnesota. The state taxes Social Security retirement benefits and all other forms of retirement income.
- Seniors need to consider the high crime rate in the area before making a move. In this city, the overall crime rate is 60 percent higher than the state's average and 41 percent higher than the national average.
- Since Brooklyn Center borders Minneapolis, this area has access to a variety of art and cultural events and exhibits. Seniors might take trips with their assisted living communities to the Orpheum Theatre to see a play or musical or to the Minneapolis Museum of Art for a tour of the latest exhibit.
- The Brooklyn Center area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Maple Grove Hospital and Mercy Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Brooklyn Center is almost on par with that of the state, but is around six percent higher than the national average, making it affordable for seniors with average incomes.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brooklyn Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Brooklyn Center start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brooklyn Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brooklyn Center
Low-income seniors often rely on the state's Medicaid program to cover costs associated with assisted living. Medicaid has two healthcare options, Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and Senior Care Plus (MSC+).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brooklyn Center
Brooklyn Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brooklyn Center, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brooklyn Center
Brooklyn Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Brooklyn Center, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brooklyn Center
Review of Ecumen Prairie Lodge
The people at Ecumen Prairie Lodge made it very easy and helped us through the whole process of moving my mom in. Everybody that we met and talked with were very helpful and inviting. They're doing... Read more
Review of Maranatha
Do not place your loved one hear unless they are independent! My 91 year old aunt was in the skilled nursing area and took a turn for the worst. WStaff is very uneducated on end of life care. They... Read more
Review of Maranatha
Most of the staff at Maranatha Care Center was OK. The nursing assistants were good, but there were a couple of LPNs that weren’t very attentive. They need to be better about answering colleagues o... Read more