93 Assisted Living Facilities near Blaine, MN
There are 93 Assisted Living Facilities in the Blaine area, with 4 in Blaine and 89 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Blaine is $6,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Coon Rapids with an average starting cost of $3,250.
To help you with your search, browse the 382 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Blaine. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Blaine 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Coon Rapids with an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Blaine, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Blaine, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Blaine
Blaine, Minnesota, is home to several parks and green spaces, including a community garden where town residents can cultivate their own fresh flowers and vegetables. This medium-sized city is home to almost 65,000 people, almost 12 percent of whom are aged 65 and over.
In Blaine, as in all of the state, assisted living facilities are required to register annually with the Department of Health. These facilities provide supportive and health-related services for one or more residents. The Blaine area has over seven dozen assisted living facilities, including four in the city proper.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Blaine
- Minnesota is one of the few states that impose state income tax on Social Security income, as well as all other types of retirement income. Property taxes are average, but the state sales tax rate is relatively high. This may be a consideration for seniors who are relocating to Blaine for their retirement years.
- Blaine is rated to be safer than 16 percent of cities of all sizes across the nation and 10 percent of Minnesota cities of all sizes. However, when compared only to cities with similar population sizes, this city's crime rate is average. Seniors who are moving to a local assisted living facility may want to select a facility with safety features like alarm systems and surveillance cameras.
- The Blaine area is home to world-class medical facilities including North Memorial Health Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Blaine is about 14 percent higher than the nationwide median, mainly because of transportation expenses and the high cost of housing. Seniors can expect to spend about 7 percent less on groceries and 15 percent less on healthcare than they would elsewhere in the nation, which may help offset other expenses.
- The air quality in Blaine is decent, with the American Lung Association giving Anoka County a B for both ozone pollution and short-term particle pollution. This may benefits retirees who have conditions like asthma.
- Summers in Blaine are warm with highs in the low 80s, and winters are very cold with lows near 0 degrees. The city gets nearly 60 inches of annual snowfall, more than double the national average, which may be a consideration for seniors with mobility challenges.
Paying for Assisted Living in Blaine
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Blaine start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Blaine and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Blaine
Low-income seniors in Blaine may be eligible to receive financial assistance for assisted living through one of several Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver programs, specifically the Elderly Waiver, as well as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Blaine
Blaine and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Blaine, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Blaine
Blaine-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Blaine, MN
Other Options in Blaine, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Blaine
Review of Landings of Blaine
Landings of Blaine seemed a little bit older than other places, a little bit not as professionally kept up, and a little bit more rundown. The person during the tour was very helpful and seemed ver... Read more
Review of Landings of Blaine
My mother moved into The Landings of Blaine last October. Shes very happy there, and the experience has been good. Its a small facility with 19 beds, which is what she likes about it. It doesnt ... Read more
Review of White Pine Advanced Assisted Living of Blaine
We had a horrible experience here. Our loved one was left for long periods of time without supervision. So much so that our loved one was found incontinent, even outer clothing wet. When we m... Read more