27 Assisted Living Facilities near Andover, MN
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Andover area, with 3 in Andover and 24 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Andover. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Andover 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Champlin with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Andover, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Andover, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Andover
Andover has a population of 30,000 people with 9.3 percent ages 65 and up. There are three Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in town and 34 more in neighboring communities. These communities provide assistance with grooming, bathing and other activities of daily living. In Andover and all of Minnesota, ALFs are also referred to as housing services and are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Andover
- Seniors with asthma or a respiratory illness may have an easier time breathing in Anoka County. The American Lung Association gave this area a B rating for air quality.
- Andover may not be affordable for seniors on a tight budget. The average cost of living is 16.2 percent higher than the U. S. average.
- Residents of Andover enjoy a low rate of crime, and this may give some seniors peace of mind when spending time in the community. Violent crime is 23.1 out of 100 (1 being safest) versus the national average of 31.1. Property crime is even lower at 19.4 compared to the average of 38.1.
- Andover is very cold in the winter, receiving 53 inches of snow a year with winter lows of five degrees. Seniors adverse to the cold should consider how this will affect them.
- The Andover area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Health Partners Riverway Urgent Care Andover and Mercy Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Andover has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Andover’s Active Older Adults program, an organization that gets seniors together for potlucks, bingo, and pickleball as well as another three senior centers nearby.
Paying for Assisted Living in Andover
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Andover start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Andover and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Andover
Minnesota seniors have various options when seeking financial aid for assisted living costs. Medical Assistance (MA), Minnesota's Medicaid plan, offers coverage to qualified individuals. Medicaid also has several waivers available for those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Andover
Andover and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Andover, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Andover
Andover-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Andover
Review of The Farmstead
The Farmstead is expensive, but very clean and strict, which is good. There's somebody scrubbing the floor all the time and they're wiped every day. There's a huge amount of services and the staff ... Read more
Review of The Farmstead
They were very welcoming at The Farmstead and contacted a few residents who were willing to have us look at their apartments and talk to them. It was really nice to talk to people who live there. I... Read more
Review of Arbor Oaks of Andover
I was impressed with Arbor Oaks, they had outdoor areas that were completely enclosed so that someone who was wondering around couldn’t leave the grounds. They had a library, and it was very clean.... Read more