Keystone Place at LaValle Fields

Keystone Place at LaValle Fields (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Keystone Place at LaValle Fields

Assisted Living Reviews for Keystone Place at LaValle Fields

By Colleen

The staff of Keystone are what make it so special. They care deeply for the residents. They are very kind and attentive. All of the staff seem to love, Bill, the director. He keeps things running smoothly, even during covid. The facility is bright and lovely. They have a number of amenities and social opportunities. Our mother is very happy at Keystone. Thank you Bill and Team!

Colleen, thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear your mother is so happy living here at Keystone. Bill has been a rock star, and you're right - staff and residents alike love him! Thank you for noticing that, as well as our caring staff and the many wonderful things about living here. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone - we appreciate you!

By timbo97

My mother has been at Keystone Place at LaValle Fields for 1 year after having been at another assisted living facility. She is the happiest I have seen her in a very long time. She is 94 and very complimentary of Keystone. The staff and management are very caring and honestly address her needs. She has made close friends at Keystone and I can tell her social group has become extremely important to her. The setting is very nice, close to Hugo but in a semi-rural setting. I highly recommend Keystone.

We are thrilled to hear your mother has been so happy here at Keystone - we love hearing how much our residents love living with us! Creating an atmosphere that encourages our residents to engage in meaningful social interactions and relationships is a top priority for us as we know how beneficial this is over-all health. Our caring and attentive staff are always coming up with innovative ways to enhance our residents experiences; we are so proud of them and thank you for mentioning how caring and attentive they are to your mothers' needs. We appreciate your kind review!

By BZ

We love everything about Keystone! The staff could not be more helpful! Mom has been an assisted living resident for a few months now, and she’s really starting to love having someone else do the cooking and the cleaning. She worked hard her whole life, and is now enjoying this part. The entire complex is kept very clean. They are quick to respond to situations that arise. The units are built very well, and sound proof. You won’t hear my Mom’s very loud TV :)

September 10, 2022

By KathyT

The staff is very caring and professional. They encourage residents to stay involved by providing lots of activities and gentle encouragement. My experience has been that the care they provide is very sincere that the people who work there take this as a vocation rather than a job.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Kathy. We are humbled by the point you made about our staff being sincere and showing that caring for our residents is their life's work. Thank you for recognizing that they using gentle encouragement to help residents find new, life-fulfilling activities to participate in. We are proud of our staff for always taking the time to connect with our residents and explore new ways to create an atmosphere that is kind, compassionate, and FUN. We appreciate your review!

December 20, 2020

By Reviewer#EM1126

I visited Keystone Place a year and a half ago with my parents. I guess it's too expensive for them. There's this one lady that showed us around. At someone's apartment, and kinda told us what it all acquires. We didn't go into a specific detail, but she kinda told us how much it would cost for the both mom and dad with parking. And we just figured that that was just too much, too expensive for them. The tour was okay. Probably could use more information. The facility looked nice; I'll give it a 3 because she didn't show us everywhere. It should have had more activities for residents, but I know right now it's hard. She did say this is the crafts room, she didn't say what kind of crafts or activities in there. I would say more social activities, but we know right now is a bad time for things but more stuff for them for the elderly to do.

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are so glad you got to tour Keystone sometime ago and we'd love to provide you with any additional information anytime you'd like - don't hesitate to reach out to us! As for recently, our activities have still been in full-swing, just with a social distancing twist! Our staff has done an outstanding job at creating innovative ways for residents to stay active, and spend time doing all the creative activities they love. We are and always have been committed to doing anything possible to support our residents' health and happiness; ensuring they lead a life that is as fulfilling as possible. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to tour Keystone and review us.

April 24, 2019

By Pat’s Family

Excellent! The very best, caring, supportive staff from nursing aides, housekeeping, front desk (all) maintenance. Always fresh/clean and well kept! We love it!

May 07, 2017

By The jelly lady

Would rate them higher if I could. Excellent staff. Residents care always comes first. Even mgmt staff comes in to help out. If I ever need this level of care, I'd be glad to have these people take care of me.

May 03, 2017

By Will403135

We are happy with Keystone. Friendly and professional staff.

March 30, 2017

By Brenda071825

We did check out Keystone Place at LaValle Fields. The facilities were new. I was impressed with them. They were very nice. I felt that their rates are reasonable considering how new the place is. I got a tour of the memory care unit as well as the assisted living, and I think it would have been workable. They have church service like Catholic service and Protestant service, and they have games and activities. It seemed like everyday they have a full schedule of things you could do.

January 10, 2017

By RJB365611

Keystone Place at LaValle Fields is very nice. My daughter-in-law’s parents are both there. They had checked out quite a few places before they put her parents there. We’re waiting for a 2-bedroom. It has everything that the other places have but the cost seems to run a little lower than some of them. I like that you can look out at fields; you don’t have to be right in traffic. They sent me an activity list, and I noticed there were quite a few things going on. They have a library, a movie theater, and a pub. We went to Thanksgiving dinner there, and I’ve been to the pub once; the food was not exceptional but very good. The people are very friendly there. That makes a difference, too.

November 22, 2016

By Bruce160272

Keystone was a very nice place. That would be our No. 1 bet. The rooms were very nice. The dining area was also nice. The whole place was brand new. The staff was friendly and informative. They knew what was going on and answered all our questions. It was everything you could want.

October 24, 2016

By Joan458850

My husband moved into Keystone Place last August, and it has been an absolutely wonderful experience. The staff is phenomenal, from the people I first spoke to -- the director, the people at the front desk, the people in the nurses’ office -- to the people in memory care. He is cleaner, and he is shaved every day. They have much better food choices, and they vary chef selections. I see a really good variation of menu. I just can’t say enough about the place.

July 10, 2016

By Richard120132

The Keystone Place at LaValle Fields is a lovely and fairly new place. The dining room seemed very nice. The rooms, the common rooms, the library, and the entertainment center room all seemed fine. The folks were very nice and very good to my mother.

July 09, 2016

By Daryll451430

We moved Dad into Keystone Place at LaValle Fields. We chose it because they specialize in dementia care. The staff is very cooperative, friendly, intelligent about his needs, and very professional. The apartments are very nice and clean. It’s perfect for my dad because it has never been lived in by anyone since the place is brand new, built last November. They have different types of activities, like crafts and games. They also have social meetings as well as entertainment.

May 12, 2016

By Janet ZXGFTG

It was easy to get to Keystone Place at LaValle Fields. I was impressed. It was a multi-level place that's closer to my sister's and my place, which made a big difference to me. It was a very lovely-looking place, and I saw some of the people walking in the hallways. I got a very nice tour of the place. They showed me a studio room but when I told them the kind of care mom needed, they told me she had to be in memory care, so they showed me the memory care where the people stay and I was just kind of shocked because she would be isolated away from people. It was a nice place for people who would like to live in the apartments. It was a brand-new, very pretty place, but it was not appropriate for my mom. When we were in the memory care dining area, the residents were doing some activities. It looked like an excellent place for someone who does not need the kind of care my mom needed.

March 30, 2016

By Deann1

Keystone was a beautiful place. Everything was wonderful, brand new, and beautiful, but it was too far away from my mother. I’d like to recommend it for some other family because it was a great place but just not for us.

Thank you for your review and kind words. We are glad you enjoyed visiting our community.

March 18, 2016

By Mary121935450

I visited Keystone Place at Lavalle Fields. This facility was very nice, convenient, and had everything you needed there. There was a walking area. There were plenty of very nice one- and two-bedroom rooms. They had an exercise room with equipment in it, a beauty salon and a dining room. The dining room was very nice and elegant, yet very friendly.

March 14, 2016

By diverds

Keystone Place at LaValle Fields. We can not say enough about this facility. Yes it is very new, and yes it is a very impressive place as you wander through on a tour. The food service is fantastic along with the many activities provided. But what really sets it apart from other facilities, is the people inside who are responsible for the care and support of those who have chosen to make this their home. We moved our parents to this facility primarily because it enabled our parents to stay together. It is also close to our home so we are able to visit them often. It has been the third move for them and because of the extraordinary care for both of them and the consideration for each of us, it will be the last move. It is truly the team, who are always carefully chosen, that provide the care and support to the residents and their families. Making this new home safe and pleasant for all. This team from the director to the ladies cleaning, is nothing short of exemplary. For us it was about, will they be safe? will they receive the care and devotion to their well being above anything else? We now know that they will be safe and can see that the team truly provides devotion above and beyond for those who live here and their families. We invite you to take a tour, listen and watch as you walk through and make your own choice.

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you have such a positive experience with us!

January 31, 2016

By Lois27

Stunning facility! You walk in and feel at home right away. The staff are upbeat and friendly. Happy hour was a blast! Lots of activities to do and very accommodating. Transportation services, movie theater and fitness center were above and beyond!

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy our community!

December 21, 2015

By A Fellow Reviewer22

Keystone Place was a brand-new facility, so everything was very nice and plush. It had just opened up in November. The staff was very helpful; they even tried to give me more information and referrals to other places if this one didn’t fit. They gave me books and information about things that would help me. They made you feel at home and welcome. There was a gym and a barbershop and had all the same amenities as a hotel. It was very nice. The dining room was very nice, too.

December 20, 2015

By marksjigs

My wife's folk's and her uncle were first to move into keystone and from day one they have taken care of the folks top notch 100% couldn't be any better. The staff have been 100% caring and very efficient. Food is Fantastic! Couldn't be any happier. The building is beautiful well thought out very nice.

Independent Living Reviews for Keystone Place at LaValle Fields

August 29, 2018

By Her222

I was comfortable with Keystone Place at LaValle Fields when I walked in and I liked what I saw. Michelle, the person who showed me around, was very pleasant, and I got the information I needed. I saw the 2-bedroom 2-bath, a 1-bedroom 1-bath, and there was a smaller 2-bedroom 2-bath. I liked that they have kitchens since I still like to cook. They basically have a full kitchen that wasn't tucked away into a little corner. I was impressed with what I saw. I liked the location, the way it was set up, and that it wasn't on a busy street.

October 06, 2017

By Verna

We moved my mother into Keystone Place at LaValle Fields. It's a couple of miles from my home, so it's close, and it seems like a really nice facility. So far, we've really been happy with it. The amenities fit all our needs. This place seems smaller than other facilities and just a little bit more fitting for her. Everybody makes you feel welcome and the services they offered fit what she wanted as far as the size of the rooms and the apartments. I liked it better, and felt more comfortable there. I haven't had any issues. I've eaten there and the food is of good quality and there's a good selection. The staff is excellent. Everybody has been very accommodating and very friendly. It's clean and kept up very good. They have a lot of stuff on their calendar, but she hasn't taken part in a lot of it yet. She's still kind of getting used to it. The price is comparable and probably about the same as a lot of other places.

April 29, 2017

By Brad V.

Excellent care. Wonderful staff. Clean facility. Great food and activities.

April 18, 2017

By Ray861743

Keystone Place was excellent.

March 13, 2017

By Sharon510173

Keystone Place at LaValle Fields was really nice and clean. The people were friendly and seemed like they really cared about the folks who lived there.

December 08, 2016

By Fp804457

We're in an independent living apartment in the Northeast here in Keystone Place, receiving assisted living services. It is just perfect. They have 2 dining rooms, and they are both beautiful. They have a pub which is just as nice, very spacious, and very pretty. We have 2 patios and 3 rooms; one is a large living room and the other a smaller room, but you can actually have parties, and we've done that several times. It's a very convenient place to be. The staff is good. They are very nice, very caring, and very compassionate. Compared to others that we've looked at, their price is very comparable. It is very convenient to a large city, which is St Paul, Minnesota, and that is where we have our healthcare physicians and doctors. We have a lot of activities every day. We do have an exercise room, an activities room, and a park. We've got a theater here in the building; actually it is a large TV screen and some wonderful chairs that you can fall asleep in while you are watching the TV. If you want to watch a movie, we have movie nights here.

June 16, 2016

By John446425

My mom is in Keystone Place. They are very helpful and walked us through the whole insurance thing. Everybody has been very nice. The personnel stand out to me. They are very helpful, friendly, and caring. My mom is in a nice, private one-bedroom. It is a brand-new facility. I eat there, and the food is good. The common dining area is beautiful. I will recommend it for sure.

May 10, 2016

By Sandi11

Keystone Place was a very nice place. The people were very nice and professional. It was a nice building, brand new and clean.

Memory Care Reviews for Keystone Place at LaValle Fields

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: 32045

About Keystone Place at LaValle Fields

Welcome to Keystone Place at LaValle Fields! We are a premier senior living community in beautiful Hugo, Minnesota. We offer independent living, assisted living and memory care services for seniors.

At Keystone Senior we believe that your retirement years should be a time to do those things you have always wanted to do. We assist and encourage our residents to take part in the many social, educational, and physical activities available daily in our community or to pursue individual interests. Many of our residents tell us they are busier and more active now than they have been in years.

Yes, we offer delicious meals, clean comfortable and spacious apartments, housekeeping, transportation, daily assistance, etc. These are the basics offered by virtually all senior housing communities. At Keystone Place we are dedicated to offering you so much more. We are committed to improving the very quality of your lifestyle!

Map of Keystone Place at LaValle Fields