Gable Pines

Reviews of Gable Pines

Assisted Living Reviews for Gable Pines

May 26, 2021

By J.D.

I was very pleased with Jody at Gable Pines, and she gave me a wonderful tour. It was thorough, the nature of the information that she shared regarding the care, the staff, safety, food service, and the activities was great, and gave me lots of confidence across the board. The facility is beautiful, warm, and inviting, and what I noticed at Gable Pines was the residents were out in various areas, socializing, eating, and moving around. They looked comfortable and engaged. The only downside is that there is no skilled nursing transitional care/ long-term care other than memory care, and we wouldn't be able to choose that because we would want a seamless transition from one assisted living to another. That was the only downside for us, but we love the facility and the people. The rooms were beautiful, they were spacious, and very well set up for somebody in a walker like my dad, and just really like a home. They served us a meal, we ate it, it was terrific, and the menus that we saw were terrific.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience with us! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

December 20, 2020

By HP

I looked at Gable Pines. It was very nice. They were our second choice. The staff members were great. They were very good. They have apartments. They have trips to stores, and they have activities. Their food was excellent.

Thank you for your feedback!

June 10, 2020

By kimcrn

The staff are so kind and compassionate. They work so hard to meet the needs of my family members. From health care needs to entertainment to fun projects even to finding ways to make things fun during a pandemic. Anything we have had a need they have been quick to respond. My family members say they feel cared for, cared about, safe and respected. They love living at Gable Pines and that means the world to me.

Thank you for providing your feedback! We love serving your family and it is our mission to provide top-notch experiences for all of our residents and guests. Thank you!

March 31, 2020

By Terri

So far my father's care at Gable Pines is OK, but we can't get in there as of now because of COVID-19. They have activities for the residents there and the staff was very good. They have a puzzle area and a workout room. Their basic services are good, but their extra services are expensive. His room is a studio, so it's not very big compared to what he had.

October 01, 2019

By MM

My friends moved into Gable Pines. The atmosphere is good. It's a big place, and I've been very impressed with the people there. Their apartment is big, and it had two bedrooms, two bathrooms. They've been happy with the food. The staff is very responsive, accommodating, very willing to help people find the rooms that the people need, and really easy to work with. Everything is very clean and bright, but they are more expensive than some of the others I viewed.

February 20, 2019

By Jeff

I toured the entire amazing Gable Pines. People seemed happy, and I was impressed with the facility. It was clean, new, well-kept, and there wasn’t anything out of place or odd. The care people were good, and there was enough staff visible and made me feell good. There was very good separation between the memory care and the assisted living. The apartments were more adequately sized for parents coming out of their communities, so it was more appealing to me for their easy transition. The food looked and smelled good.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day.

July 16, 2018

By Mom Deserves Better

DO NOT SEND ANYONE HERE who requires ANY type of assistance from aides or staff. Constantly understaffed and leaving residents with unanswered call buttons for extended periods of time, bordering on neglect in my opinion. Aides can regularly be seen working double shifts and caring for residents on multiple floors. If only we found a good nursing home instead!

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact Karen Binsfeld, ED. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

August 21, 2017

By Nancy

Gable Pines was a very nice facility and had everything that we needed. Our only problem is that it felt too large and overwhelming, so there would be too much walking from point A to point B. They have really nice apartments too. I saw the fitness room and arts and crafts room. I would recommend them.

May 05, 2017

By Happy Visitor575670

Gable Pines looked good, and the rooms looked fine. The food was good but not extraordinary and served at the table. The staff was very friendly and mostly very upbeat and kind.

Thank you for coming in to visit and tour our community. We appreciate the kind feedback. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you as you look into senior living communities.

November 29, 2016

By Gina044445

Gable Pines is lovely, and everybody was wonderful and so accommodating. We chose a lovely apartment. The residents looked happy.

Thank you for your wonderful review Gina! We certainly appreciate you taking your time to let others know about our community. We look forward to you being part of our family here. Sincerely, Your friends at Gable Pines

September 30, 2016

By Joe652373

Gable Pines was quite nice and new. The programs that they have are quite favorable. It had a nice theater and nice views. We were attracted to the 2-bedroom plan because we thought we could use the other room as a guest room or a computer room. There were plenty of things to do like going to different places. The dining room looked like a nice area, and I don't think there were assisted living in the dining area of the independent living. There was a private room that we could use if we have friends or relatives dining with us. The apartments had kitchens, dining tables, and showers.

Thank you for your review Joe! We appreciate you taking your time to tour Gable Pines. Our main dining room does serve our Independent and Assisted Living residents. Please reach out to us at anytime if we can be of assistance. Sincerely, Your Friends at Gable Pines

September 30, 2016

By BT411328

Gable Pines was very nice, new, and very attractive. They had activity areas like a craft room and somebody in charge of projects. It?s the kind of thing that would have appealed to me but not necessarily to my ex-husband. They have a theme in their decorating so the pictures emphasize that. The dining area and the rooms looked fresh and nicely decorated. The only thing was that it was not in a good location for us.

Thank you for the wonderful review!! We appreciate you taking the time to tour our community and see all of the fabulous amenities we have to offer our area seniors. Please reach out to us at any time if we can be of assistance. Sincerely, Your Friends at Gable Pines

Independent Living Reviews for Gable Pines

February 05, 2022

By Shelly

We looked at a couple of rooms at Gable Pines. They were really neat and clean, and some of them had balconies, which was nice. They also had a nice walking path, they had a lot of activities, a big, huge arts and crafts room, Bible studies, and a nice movie theater room. They had lounge areas where he could play games and do puzzles. The person who gave the tour was good. They answered all the questions, showed us all the different amenities, and were very informative and helpful. They sent us home with a couple of cookies.

Shelly, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

August 06, 2021

By Lilly

Gable Pines was very nice. They just didn't have all the activities that the other places have. I'm into exercising and stuff like that, and they're starting to do more with their exercise groups now that COVID is lifting a little bit. As you enter the building, there's a large gathering room, like a living room place where you could talk with your family when they come. It is also for residents to gather to chat and stuff like that. It just didn't have the same vibe for me that the others had. The location was quiet and nice. It's in a residential neighborhood, which is nice. They don't have the public transportation nearby. They have a bus transportation that seemed to be quite adequate. They take people shopping and on Sundays they take them to church. The two-bedroom apartment had washers and dryers, and it was quite nice. They didn't have the big solarium on the rooftop with the outdoor patio, but they had more things at ground level. The dining area seemed nice. They had the chef come and talk to me, and then they provided me with a meal. It was like a hotdog and some coleslaw; it was OK. It just didn't give me an adequate example of what they might serve. They had a nice library, and they're going to start having a book club. They had a schedule for people for exercise with their in-house physical therapist assistant. They had a bible study and things like that. It was a little further away from my daughter's home and from my church, so that was definitely a drawback. I like the nice peaceful setting that it was in, but you don't have the amenities like the other place. It's in a residential area. For people that want that sort of environment, it was good. It wasn't quite the environment that I was looking for. The staff was very nice and she followed up with me. She was quite enthusiastic about the place and certainly gave a good presentation.

Lilly, thank you for sharing your experience! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

February 16, 2021

By Doreen

My mom is in Gable Pines, and it is absolutely wonderful. The staff is just so fabulous, caring, and genuine. Her experience has been wonderful, and our experience before she even moved in was really wonderful. They're an amazing staff. Because of COVID, she has to isolate in her apartment for 10-14 days. They've been bringing her food into her apartment, and the food is fine. They have games, bingo, and movies. They also have an activities director who does things with them.

Thank you Doreen! We love seeing this feedback. We're here to provide great experiences no matter what's happening around us in the world. We appreciate your 5-star review!

June 25, 2020

By Marjean

Gable Pines has all various levels of care included in the community and my father-in-law is now in the independent living part of it. It's a gorgeous and beautiful place, and it's only a couple of years old. Their apartments are really nice and a decent size for one person. Because of the Corona virus they were quarantined so we're not able to see them but that's something everybody is facing. The concern I have with the staff is that if your loved one needs skilled nursing, they don't have that there. They have staff members that are trained but not certified. They also have a nurse there all the time. My father-in-law seems to like the food, but they're not eating in the dining room but only in their rooms at this time. They have a beautiful dining room, big beautiful library, a lot of the amenities are nice once they'll be able to use them again. I think that the value for the money is right up there with everyone else.

October 10, 2019

By Paula

Gable Pines was our favorite. They had a lot of activities and craft rooms. The chef came out and met us and told us about their food there. I liked everything about it. The rooms were big and open enough for aging people, beautiful, bright, and well cared for. They had a lot of different types of rooms, and they're well done. The staff was very caring, kind, and personable.

October 06, 2017

By Verna

Gable Pines was bigger and a little bit further from me, but it seemed pretty comparable to where my mother is at. I went there first and it was a little overwhelming as far as the size, which was the main thing I didn't like about it. For somebody that's my mom's age, she probably would have had a hard time finding her way around. As far as their menu and their activities, it was really comparable to where she's at. The staff was very helpful and informative, and the facility seemed really nice other than the size.

Thank you for vising our community. So happy you felt that you were treated well and were informed with the information you were looking for. One thing we do for new residents is helping them get acquainted with the community in their first full week. We take our time in helping them get to where they need to go and know their "regular" routes. After that first week, residents do well with knowing where to go and how to get there. Thank you for your review we appreciate the feedback.

Memory Care Reviews for Gable Pines

Questions about Gable Pines

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff members are required to attend our Heartfelt Connections training. This is a 16-hour course. Additionally, all staff attends an eight-hour refresher course annually.

What programs or activities does Gable Pines offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Life Enrichment program is well-rounded and abundant with opportunities to have fun, make friends, learn and grow. We participate in Embrace The World programming which allows for life-long learning about the world that we live in. Heartfelt Connections is the programming that is used with our memory care residents.

What transportation services does Gable Pines offer to assisted living residents?

We have several options for transportation. We provide transportation for anything on our activities calendar, along with weekly shopping. We also have options for personal appointments (costs directly paid by resident).

What makes the chef or dining program at Gable Pines exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style ordering and dining is an everyday option. We have a well developed menu that is always available.

What safety features or security measures does Gable Pines offer to assisted living residents?

Assisted living residents can have peace of mind knowing that they have a pendant that is answered quickly by caregivers that are there to serve 24/7.

How does Gable Pines keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Gable Pines offers several different avenues for communication. Including dedicated nursing department cell phones, on-line portals, email, mailings, and activity calendars on the website.

If Gable Pines accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

There are required monthly training, specialized trainings, and one-on-one instruction for meeting the residents' need.

What safety features or security measures does Gable Pines provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care, The Gardens at Gable Pines, is a secured environment. It offers a beautiful patio garden area for outdoor use and enjoyment.

Describe the neighborhood around Gable Pines. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Gable Pines is conveniently located on County Road E between 35E and Highway 61. It is a great location for getting anywhere very quickly.

Costs for Gable Pines

Photos of Gable Pines

Services and Amenities of Gable Pines

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: Bistro

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Residence, Rooftop Patio

• Technology Extra: Emergency Call System, Full Satellite Tv Package, Free Local And Long Distance Calling.

• Home Sale Assistance

About Gable Pines

Gable Pines of Vadnais Heights features 123 total apartments consisting of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. As your needs change you are able to stay within the campus and receive the additional supportive services that will allow you to live life to the fullest.

Gable Pines' commitment to quality care and hospitality make it a unique community that you will be proud to be a part of.

Map of Gable Pines