88 Assisted Living Facilities near Roseville, MN
With an average cost of $4,716 in Roseville, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 75 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 9 facilities in Roseville.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Roseville, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Roseville
Roseville was named after Isaac Rose, one of the original settlers in the area. Originally dominated by farms and nurseries, Roseville was incorporated as a village in 1948 and is now a Twin Cities suburb adjacent to Minneapolis and St. Paul.
There are 74 assisted living facilities in the area that cater to Roseville's senior population, which makes up 21 percent of the city's 36,000 residents. The licensing and monitoring of these facilities is overseen by Minnesota's Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Roseville
- Public transit in Roseville is provided by Metro Transit. Riders aged 65 and over are eligible for reduced fares during non-rush hours. Some seniors may also be able to access Metro Mobility, which offers a door-to-door service for people who can't use the fixed-route service.
- The overall cost of living in Roseville is 117.3 on the Sperling index, more than 17 points higher than the national average. The cost of housing has the largest impact on this figure. Everyday expenses, such as groceries and healthcare, are lower than the national average, which may help seniors save more for their assisted living budget.
- Roseville has an overall crime rate of 59 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 99 percent of Minnesota's other communities. The violent crime rate is close to the Minnesota rate, but the property crimes rate of 55.96 is more than 30 points higher than the state rate. When touring facilities, seniors may wish to ask staff about steps taken to secure the property of residents.
- In January, Roseville has an average low temperature of just 8 degrees, and the city receives 51 inches of snow each year, 25 inches more than the national average. This harsh weather may keep seniors inside more than they'd like during the winter months.
- The Roseville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including United Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Arts and culture in Roseville is supported by Arts Roseville, which holds regular events, including conversations with artists. Seniors interested in music may wish to see a performance by the Roseville String Ensemble and some facilities may organize group trips to visit galleries and theaters in the Twin Cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Roseville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Roseville start around $4,716 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Roseville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Roseville
The Optional State Supplement is available to eligible seniors in Roseville who receive income from Social Security. The Elderly Waiver is also available to Minnesota residents in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Roseville
Roseville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Roseville, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Roseville
Roseville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Roseville, MN
Other Options in Roseville, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Roseville
Review of Sunrise of Roseville
We saw Sunrise of Roseville. It seemed like a very nice place for seniors. There were lots of activities, and the lady that met with us was very kind and helpful. I saw their apartments. They don't... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Roseville
We toured Sunrise of Roseville. The thing I liked the best was the amenities. They seemed to be quite appropriate for the patients. It's well laid out and well kept. The rooms were good, but they w... Read more
Review of Amira Choice Roseville at Lexington
My overall tour at Amira Choice Roseville at Lexington was wonderful. It is a very nice-looking facility. Everything seems fairly new. The people seemed very nice. The person who took me around was... Read more