Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Reviews of Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

January 26, 2016

By Bob107471650

My mother has been in Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood since the first week of August. They are fantastic in every category. The food is awesome.

August 31, 2015

By Dianne30

Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood is very nice. They have everything my parents wanted, but they just didn't go. The facility was very nice. The staff explained everything and showed us around. We saw one room. It was very nice, but it was too small for them; that's why we didn't continue on. The dining room was very nice. They offered different packages, which was very nice as well.

November 20, 2013

My mother is comfortable with Ecumen Seasons. It is home like. The staff and the nursing assistants are wonderful. They are friendly, outgoing and lovely people. When you walk in there, they know your name and remember you for who you are. They have a lovely dining facility. They have a great room that you feel comfortable in and you feel at home. They have movie theater and church services. They have exercise room. They have an enhanced assisted living, which is superb.

November 27, 2012

By ilovemygranny

I really am happy that my grandmother is in a place where she is being taken care of and I honestly feel like the staff does a great job of making her feel like she is at home, even though it is not home. All of the staff is extremely friendly and willing to help if you have any questions for them. Also, my grandmother loves the food that is prepared for her, unlike when she is in the hospital, it is a battle to get her to eat. Another bonus of this facility is that it is extremely clean and my grandmother has her own room. My overall experience has been only positive things to say, let alone my grandmother feels the same way. I would tell and recommend to any family that you can trust your loved ones with Seasons at Maplewood. If I could give Seasons at Maplewood six stars, they deserve it.

November 15, 2012

By Linda25

My mom was still living in her own home and she didn't want to go into a nursing home. A lot of the assisted living buildings that have been around for many, many years, although they've been remodeled still have a real nursing home feel for them. But Seasons at Maplewood did not have that. In my opinion, they know what people want. The Ecumen building is only two years old, but it was hand-in-hand with another Ecumen building that was 25 years old. The staff seem great and I have not felt uncomfortable with anyone, from the chef, nurse, wait staff, and the concierge that's there from 8:00 in the morning till 8:00 at night. The main one, Lynn, she wears many hats and she's friendly. Everybody that works there seems to enjoy their jobs. My mother's room is huge. A 2-bedroom/2-bathroom apartment. It's over 900 square feet. I love their food. I've eaten their many times with her. Their price is not that bad, and anytime I want to eat with her, I just go on buy a ticket. And I have not had one bad meal yet, although my mom has had one.

Independent Living Reviews for Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Memory Care Reviews for Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Questions about Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Independent and Assisted Living Residents at Seasons at Maplewood are on the whole very social, enjoy each other's company, average age of about 84 and enjoy visiting, walking groups, knitting and quilting, bingo, jigsaw puzzles, spiritual programs and occasional outings.

What programs or activities does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Life enrichment team members keep residents engaged with wide ranging activities including book club, arts and crafts, games (Wii, bingo, cards), outings, events, happy hour and exercise and fitness programs.

What places are near Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are surrounded by restaurants, department stores, a library, grocery stores, golf courses, natural wetlands and health facilities.

What transportation services does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood offer to assisted living residents?

Seasons at Maplewood offers group transportation for planned outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We are very proud of our dining program. We boast an executive chef that came to us from restaurants and private clubs and a dining director from the same. Together they have created an "anytime menu" for lunch and dinner and daily specials for residents to choose from. Most foods are made in house in our own kitchen. We are fortunate to have a variety of exceptional homemade soups and entrees including some recipes the chef brought with him from his restaurant experience. It is a restaurant experience in our dining room - everyone is waited on by servers just as they would be in any restaurant - just without the tipping!

What safety features or security measures does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood offer to assisted living residents?

All residents receive an emergency pendant, even those who would be considered Independent. We have staff on-site 24 hours a day, a concierge at the front desk for 12 hours a day, and a safe, secure building with one main entrance that is only unlocked during the day when the concierge is at the desk.

How does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood is Customer Service-driven. For our residents and their families, this translates into regular communication about how their loved ones are doing, responding promptly if families have any questions or concerns., holding care conferences as often as needed, reassessing residents every 90 days to monitor for change of condition, nurses on site 7 days a week - 10-14 hours a day and during the pandemic, sending out weekly updates on the current Covid status of our community and what mitigating procedures are in place to keep residents safe.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood during daytime and nighttime hours?

That varies with acuity. Obviously there are more care attendants in memory care than assisted living. In memory care, the ratio stays at 1 care attendant to 7 residents during the day, and less overnight.

If Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs, cats and other pets must stay in resident apartments unless they are being taken outside to void or are being taken off campus. Must be in carriers or on a leash.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood utilizes recurring Relias training for all team members. Refresher courses are required throughout the year. Team members have opportunities to attend conferences and network with the peers in their field.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

At Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood, the independent living residents are mingled with the assisted living residents. Housing options and activities are the same for independent living and assisted living residents. Everything written for assisted living residents applies to independent living residents too. With the new MN Assisted Living Licensure, Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood is considered an Assisted Living Community with Dementia Care.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Residents at Seasons at Maplewood have many shopping and dining options close by. Residents have close access to the Maplewood Mall, which includes JCPenny's, Kohl's, Macy's, and Sears. Close restaurants include Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, and Panera Bread. The Maplewood Public Library is about a half a mile's walk from the community.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood has organized?

Some recent off-site events that our residents have enjoyed are lunch outings to local restaurants and group shopping trips to the local grocery stores, pharmacies, and the dollar store. A group of residents also attended a local high school play together.

What transportation services does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood offer to independent living residents?

Seasons at Maplewood offers group transportation for planned outings.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our independent living and assisted living residents enjoy a variety of common areas, including the spacious and welcoming dining room, the craft room for group projects and activities and the fitness room for individual and group exercise. Residents gather in our Great Room to socialize with coffee, complete jigsaw puzzles, play cards and other games, and attend happy hour on Thursdays that often includes live musical entertainment.

Does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

No, our nurses our part of the Seasons at Maplewood team.

What safety features or security measures does Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood provide to protect residents who wander?

If a resident is going to wander, we move them to Memory Care as soon as possible. Memory care is a secured area of the building.

Is Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood is not affiliated with a hospital, however we partner with Bluestone Geriatric Physicians. These physicians provide regular on-site visits and care to our residents who choose to receive care from Bluestone. Additionally, many of our residents choose M Health Fairview St. John's Hospital when needed as it is less than a mile from our community.

Costs for Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: MN

About Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood

Welcome to the retirement lifestyle you always dreamed of at Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood: Impressively stylish, energetic senior living that is equally warm, intimate and comfortable.

You and your family (even the grandkids!) will love our upbeat, activity-rich community, complete with superb chef-prepared dining options and generous on-site amenities and services. Feel free to pursue favorite pastimes, cultivate new interests, meet other retired professionals who share your interests (and soon feel like old friends), and truly relax knowing you have easy access to everything you need—today and tomorrow!

Our prime suburban location in the Twin Cities’ East Metro Area means you’ll never run out of things to do, see, learn and experience. What’s more, our holistic programs nurture every aspect of your life for maximum wellness—physically, socially, emotionally, spiritually, environmentally and intellectually.

Seasons at Maplewood is exceptionally accommodating: We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, as well as nursing, therapeutic and palliative care. We also keep couples together—even if their care needs differ. Relax knowing you have a sensible, customizable service plan for the future without having to move from the home you love to receive the care you need.

Best of all, because we’re a not-for-profit rental retirement community, you reap the benefits of this truly exceptional lifestyle through your month-to-month rent—without a major investment or long-term commitment.

Map of Ecumen Seasons at Maplewood