21 Assisted Living Facilities near Ogden, UT
With an average cost of $2,747 in Ogden, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 76 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 12 facilities in Ogden.
12 Assisted Living Facilities in Ogden, UT
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Ogden, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ogden
Many of the things that landed Ogden on the Forbes list of Best Cities for Raising a Family make this outdoorsman’s paradise an idyllic spot for retirees, too. More than 87,000 people call Ogden home, and 10 percent of those residents are aged 65 years and older. Those seniors can choose from 11 assisted living facilities, or ALFs, in Ogden, with another 14 communities located nearby. As is the case throughout Utah, Ogden’s ALFs are licensed and overseen by the Utah Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ogden
- Ogden is far more affordable than some of Utah’s other big cities. The city’s cost of living index is just 87, compared to the national average of 100 and the state average of 104. Seniors can expect to save the most on housing, health care expenses and groceries.
- Summers in Ogden are hot but relatively dry, with July highs around 90 degrees Fahrenheit and rainfall about half the national average. Winters are another story, with chilly temps and above-average snowfall posing potential problems for seniors with mobility conditions or cold sensitivities.
- Seniors can make their way around Ogden and beyond thanks to the FrontRunner North Commuter Rail Line and other routes operated by the Utah Transportation Authority. Passengers 65 years of age and older are eligibility for reduced fares on some tickets and routes, include one-way fares on TRAX busses and street cars and a monthly pass on busses only.
- While violent crime in Ogden is just six point above the national average, property crime is significantly worse with a local ranking of 63.9 versus 38.1 across the United States.
- The Ogden area is home to world-class medical facilities, including McKay-Dee Hospital and Ogden Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ogden has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Weber-Morgan Area Agency on Aging, which offers outreach and advocacy programs for seniors and their caregivers, as well as at least four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ogden
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Ogden start around $2,747 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ogden and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ogden
Low-income seniors in Ogden who would like to transition to assisted living have two Medicaid-affiliated options for financial assistance. The first is Utah Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver, which helps seniors receive the services they need at the location they prefer. The second, the New Choices Waiver, is designed to help seniors in nursing homes find alternative placement in less institutionalized accommodations.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ogden
Ogden and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ogden, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ogden
Ogden-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ogden, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ogden
Review of Our House of Ogden
I have lived here since it opened. I am very satisfied. My room is good size and I have my dog with me. I just love it here. I brought a friend of mine, her mother, and she loved being here while s... Read more
Review of Legacy House of Ogden
My grandfather lived there for almost 10 years. Although it was difficult for him after we lost my grandma, we all felt the love from everyone at Legacy from day one. He always told everyone how ha... Read more
Review of Lotus Park Assisted Living & Memory Care
We absolutely loved Lotus Park. We visited the independent living that my mom was interested in. It's like you go into a home which has four different bedrooms and you get your own bedroom and bath... Read more