14 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington, UT
Also serving communities of Morgan.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Farmington area, with 2 in Farmington and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Farmington is $3,175 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,495.
To help you with your search, browse the 123 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Farmington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Farmington 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Farmington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Farmington, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Farmington
Farmington was settled by a Mormon pioneer family back in 1847, and it wasn’t long before more settlers arrived. The city’s motto, “Historic Beginnings,” is inspired by these early pioneers. In the present day, the city is home to approximately 24,500 people. Seniors make up a relatively small portion of the population at just 8.6%.
If Farmington’s seniors require assistance with daily activities, such as eating or grooming, they can turn to the 16 assisted living facilities in the area. Two of these facilities are located within city limits. A division of the Utah Department of Health licenses and inspects these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Farmington
- There’s plenty to do in this city. Active seniors may want to explore the 146.49 miles of trails located within Farmington. They can also visit the famous Lagoon Amusement Park, which has been in operation since 1886. Other local attractions include the Lagoon Pioneer Village, which is a replica of a frontier community, and the Charles W. Penrose Cabin Museum.
- The Farmington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Farmington Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Farmington’s year-round climate is more comfortable than the nationwide average, due in part to the 230 sunny days it receives each year. During the winter, lows only dip into the 20s, while in the summer, highs creep into the 90s. Seniors may relocate to Farmington to enjoy this warm weather.
- Utah is one of the few states in the country that taxes seniors’ Social Security income. However, some seniors may qualify for an income tax credit to offset this cost. For all types of income, including pensions and retirement plans, the flat tax rate is 4.95%.
- There are multiple public transit options available in Farmington. The FrontRunner rail service runs between Provo and Ogden, with a stop in Farmington. Seniors receive half-price train fares. The Utah Transit Authority also operates a curb-to-curb paratransit service that can help seniors with disabilities get around the city.
- Farmington can be an expensive place to live. It’s overall cost of living is 30.9% above the national average. Housing plays the biggest role, since it costs more than twice as much as the U.S. norm. However, there are many potential savings to be had in Farmington. Grocery costs are 9% lower than average, and utility costs are 7.9% lower.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Farmington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Farmington start around $3,175 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Farmington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Farmington
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Farmington
Farmington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Farmington, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Farmington
Farmington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Farmington
Review of Country Care Assisted Living
Family atmosphere. The director is responsive to needs. The staff treat the residents with kindness and care. The residents are the best part. Wonderful people. Read more
Review of Legacy House of Park Lane
Legacy House of Park Lane was very good and new. They didn't have quite as many amenities as others, but they were up there. The rooms were good; I liked them. They had several amenities, like craf... Read more
Review of Legacy House of Park Lane
Legacy House of Park Lane was brand new. The people who accommodated us were very nice. Food was excellent. From what I saw and from their menu, I think it would be great. Their room would be perfe... Read more