Legacy House of Ogden

Reviews of Legacy House of Ogden

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy House of Ogden

March 04, 2017

By Debra344565

I didn't like the location of Legacy House of Ogden. It was fine. The price was comparable, and the place was older.

October 24, 2016

By Becky786552

Legacy House is warm and inviting. The staff is very friendly, and they know everybody’s names. They seemed to be genuinely concerned. The rooms were very nice and very big. My dad took a studio apartment, and it’s perfect. It was also a good price.

October 23, 2016

By Sunshine111980

This community is lovely. The management and staff really care about the residents. I appreciate the love and care they gave my aunt. Before making my decision, I visited 8 communities and this community kept sticking out in my mind. My aunt really loved the golden retriever, Ruby and the garden they grow every spring. She felt at home and liked the large apartments. We really noticed a difference. Legacy House had a kitchenette, 3/4 size refrigerator and microwave. This was a big deal for our family because we had only seen mini refrigerators in other communities and with my aunts blood pressure, she cant bend over without concern for a fall. From our first visit we were welcomed to the community and have felt like family since. This was the best decision we have ever made. I know she is being taken care of and if there is a concern they call me. It's nice that I can actually visit her without the stress of shopping, cooking, cleaning, Dr appts and running errands. Legacy House provides all of this onsite, except the shopping of course but they go out multiple times a month! I highly recommend this community to anybody.

October 13, 2016

By Monique347238

My dad lived as a resident of Legacy House. It was really nice. There were lots of outside areas where the residents can sit, and fenced off little areas where you could be outside, but away from everything. The dining room is really nice, everything is really clean, and they keep the walls and floors in good repair. They were really up on keeping it updated and not rundown.

July 07, 2016

By Terry016351

Legacy House of Ogden is where we put our mother. We thought it was a clean facility and one my mother could adapt well in. They take their people out to Wal-Mart once a week, play bingo, and have musical people come in to share their talents. They have quite a few of things to do. My mom receives top service right now. She is incontinent and not able to stand by herself, but she is getting the maximum care.

March 23, 2016

By Holli M

Other

I work in the industry, so I have visited many assisted living homes in Utah, this community has stuck out to me as top of the industry. The staff gives out such a warm and friendly feeling. I have eaten there and loved their food. I've visited residents there who are very happy with their services. They are really great at bringing families and the Ogden community there with their public events, like their Community BBQ, Easter Egg Hunt, and more! I am very impressed with Legacy House of Ogden.

January 25, 2016

By Pat M.1

My mother is in Legacy House of Ogden. The administration is very friendly. The place is very clean and bright. It seems like their facilities are better than some of the other places we have seen. The staff is pretty good, caring, and seem to be knowledgeable. From what I can tell, I can say they are well staffed. I have been going in there on a pretty regular basis and they do seem to have different things going on every day. They have some kind of craft projects or they have some musicians come in, which caters to both sides the memory care unit where my mom is and the assisted living. I know the CNAs play games with them in the afternoon, watch TV with the patients. They seem to try and keep them engaged. Honestly, it is depressing when you see all these people with Alzheimer's, but overall, I think the atmosphere is actually good. I will recommend them to families with similar situation.

June 21, 2015

By Kim108236050

I have been to Legacy House, and I really liked them. They were wonderful, and the staff was very friendly. The rooms and apartments were very nice too.

April 19, 2015

By Dennis24

They took us around on a tour of the facility, we ate lunch in their dining hall, and they also have activities like movies. They also had transportation where they take you some place if you needed to go and all that. The staff was friendly and helpful, they answered the questions that we had, and if they weren't quite sure, they would get you somebody else and let you know. The rooms were basically a one-bedroom, they had a bathroom facility with a walk-in shower, a place for a bed, a small place for a microwave, and lots of closet space. The food at the Legacy House was pretty good, and they had good security.

March 16, 2015

By Bonnie44

Legacy was beautiful, and I loved it. I wanted my sister to move in there. One of the workers at the care center that she is at right now has taken her over there. It was clean and spacious, and they just had a whole lot of things. I would have taken that one if we did not find the place she is in right now. The staff who showed us around was wonderful. She showed us everything, and they have 1 and 2 bedroom living spaces.

January 12, 2015

By Kirk2

Mom is now living at Legacy House Ogden. One thing that impressed me was they have a lot of staff to replace when people are sick or on vacation. It is a very clean, well-kept place. The care is as good as I have seen anywhere. When she was in California, she got good care, but the price was higher -- and it was going up again -- so I am very pleased with the way they work with her and their facilities. They are just trying to keep her comfortable in a really homey atmosphere. She got a bunch of her stuff in her apartment, which is really nice because she hasn't had that for a long time. I am very impressed and pleased with them. It is an excellent place.

June 26, 2014

By Caring85232050

Legacy House of Ogden is a little bit older. They have an OK gym, but they don't have a lot of equipment. They have good staff.

March 31, 2014

By Laura32

The living area at Legacy House of Ogden is long and narrow, and the hallway seemed less home-like to me. I was able to see the rooms, and they were very nice and a little bit larger than the other facility, but they didn’t have any single rooms. I met with the marketing person, and she was very good and answered all of the questions that I had.

August 28, 2012

By a_grandson

The place was clean, but sort of felt like a hospital. It didn't feel like a place where people would like to be especially. It had a strong cleaner type of smell to it. The staff was very friendly and provided many activities for the residents. The rooms felt like a hospital room unless a few decorations were posted and could have used more sunlight and less artificial light. One of the highlights of many of the residents seemed to be the religious services available. I think many of them seemed to appreciate that. It seemed like this place was one in which families could easily access, but there wasn't a whole lot of parking for them to visit. It also seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of people that ever visited. Overall, the facility was pretty good and seemed to take care of their residents. The place just could have used a little more decoration and liveliness.

December 07, 2011

By Sam919

This is a wonderful place to live for those that are not able to live on their own. The staff is very friendly and the facility is very clean. They have wonderful activities each week including bingo, manicures and musical entertainment. The food is well prepared and tasteful.

October 20, 2011

By Angelsmoon

If the person residing at this place needs minimal care then they would have no problem. Anyone who needs a little extra care will find it lacking. Several important staff members like the RN leave early, or are hard to contact. The residents rooms are not cleaned very well. Some staff members are quite friendly, and willing to help to a certain degree. Legacy House has many vacancies now, and they are desperate for more residents. They also have two golden retrievers that are there regularly and the residents do enjoy them. The meals are decent with a good variety, and bingo, a book club and trips to the store are offered. The carpet in the main areas has been replaced recently but not in the residents room. Overall if you're a person with diabetes, or some other serious health issue they will not handle it and a home health care place must give shots, dress wounds, etc. It has good and bad qualities just depending on someones needs.

June 30, 2011

By anonymous44

This is a great facility. The rooms are large, airy, and well lit. There's even physical therapy offered, and house calls and the hospital is just feet away. However, what I like the most is the large park just around the corner. For those residents who can still get around easily, you can see them taking walks in the park in the mornings, all bright and chipper and fresh with the sun. There's one lady in particular here who really loves her walking. She could probably out walk me easily. If there's such a thing as a walking marathon, she could join and win. I think her love for walking alone has galvanized many of the residents to follow suit.

Memory Care Reviews for Legacy House of Ogden

Questions about Legacy House of Ogden

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Legacy House of Ogden. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents enjoy a variety of meaningful daily activities that include indoor volleyball, daily fitness class, and outings to local eateries. The average age of our residents is 81.

Costs for Legacy House of Ogden

Photos of Legacy House of Ogden

Services and Amenities of Legacy House of Ogden

• Spanish

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 2015-ALII-15869

• About Legacy House of Ogden

Welcome to Legacy House of Ogden.

Across the street from Ogden Regional Hospital, Legacy House of Ogden provides assisted living and memory care services. Our residents enjoy daily activities, restaurant-style dining, beautifully decorated living areas and a variety of apartment floor plans—all in a home-like setting.

At Legacy House of Ogden, we believe that the more our residents can be independent, the healthier they are and the better they feel. No matter what stage of life we're in, maximizing independence, maintaining dignity and having choices are important.

Nevertheless, there comes a time when we all could use a helping hand, even for the most basic daily activities like dressing, bathing, grooming or taking medications. At Legacy House of Ogden, we recognize those times and provide just the right amount of help to meet those needs—it’s part of our Personal Touch philosophy.

At Legacy House of Ogden, assisted living services are designed for seniors who can no longer manage on their own but do not require intensive, 24-hour medical care. We provide a combination of residential living, health and recreational services, and help with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, eating and medications in a warm, home-like environment.

A Secure Environment for Peace of Mind

Our memory care community, called The Cottage, is staffed by professionally trained caregivers that provide assistance and supervision for daily activities such as eating, bathing, grooming, incontinence care and walking all in a secure environment. Our residents enjoy private apartments furnished with personal belongings and mementos that make it feel like home. Special thought is given to the décor and functionality of each room. Activities are also specially designed to meet the needs of our residents.

Services include:

• Assistance with activities of daily living including dressing, grooming and bathing
    • 24-hour, on-site certified nursing staff available. Full-time Registered Nurse available
    • Medication monitoring and diabetes care
    • Incontinence care
    • Restaurant-style dining—three meals daily plus snacks
    • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
    • Personal laundry service available
    • Maintenance, landscaping and snow removal
    • Full activity program that provides physical, intellectual, social and spiritual activities to enhance quality of life
    • Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping and banking

Standard in your residence:

• Apartment-style—Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units with kitchenette and private bath
    • Individually controlled heating and cooling system
    • 24-hour emergency call system
    • Safety features including grab bars
    • Fully handicap accessible apartments available

Amenities:

• On-site laundry room
    • Beauty and barber shop
    • Library, activity room, game room and fitness/therapy room
    • Private dining room
    • State-of-the-art emergency response and security system
    • Beautiful common areas for visiting with neighbors and friends
    • Beautifully landscaped. Residents enjoy walking paths and flower gardens.

Thank you for your interest at Legacy House of Ogden. Visit today. We’d love to have you over for lunch.

Map of Legacy House of Ogden