13 Assisted Living Facilities near Kaysville, UT
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kaysville area, with 3 in Kaysville and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kaysville is $2,600 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 120 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kaysville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kaysville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Farmington with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kaysville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kaysville, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kaysville
Kaysville, located in north central Utah about 40 miles north of Salt Lake City, has a variety of opportunities for the area’s 1,073 senior population to get out and have fun. Seniors can go for a stroll in Barnes Park or take in a show at the Kaysville Theatre.
Seniors considering transitioning to assisted living will find support in one of Kaysville’s two assisted living facilities or in one of the eight facilities that are available in nearby communities such as Clearfield, Layton and Farmington. The Facility Licenses and Certification division of the Department of Health regulates these facilities in both Kaysville and in the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kaysville
- Utah fully taxes both Social Security benefits and retirement savings account withdrawals. Seniors with restrictive budgets may want to keep these tax laws in mind when considering relocating to Kaysville.
- Safety-conscious seniors can find some peace of mind in Kaysville. The city's violent crime rating is 7.1, only one-third of the U.S. average. The city’s property crime rate is 20.2, about 15 points lower than the national median of 35.4.
- The Kaysville area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Layton.
- Kaysville has a cost of living of 125.2, higher than both the Utah average of 117.6 and the U.S. average of 100, primarily due to the high cost of housing in the area. Seniors can expect to pay less for groceries, utilities and transportation here than they would in other areas around the nation.
- Seniors seeking assisted living in areas of high air and water quality might be drawn to Kaysville. This city has an air quality rating of 78 and a water quality rating of 60, both higher than the respective national averages of 58 and 55.
- In Kaysville, residents enjoy summer highs of 91 degrees and winter lows of 21. Seniors who need mobility aids may find it hard to get around due to an annual rainfall of 21 inches and snowfall of 43 inches.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kaysville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Kaysville start around $2,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kaysville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kaysville
Medicaid eligible seniors in Kaysville can get assistance with their assisted living expenses through one of Utah’s Medicaid waivers. These waivers are known as the Aging Waiver for Individuals Age 65 or Older and the New Choices waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kaysville
Kaysville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kaysville, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kaysville
Kaysville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kaysville
Review of Apple Tree Assisted Living
My friend took me to see Apple Tree Assisted Living. It was nice, but I couldn't afford it. It was way over my pay grade. It was absolutely beautiful and it was actually what I've been looking for ... Read more
Review of Apple Tree Assisted Living
Apple Tree Assisted Living was good. It was a great building. The people were very nice and friendly. I didn't go there because it's further away from me, and I wanted my mom to be closer. The staf... Read more
Review of The Villas at Baer Creek
The Villas at Baer Creek was very clean and friendly. They have a lot of options for all the residents to do activities. I thought it was a really good option. The staff was very friendly and profe... Read more