50 Assisted Living Facilities in Colorado Springs, CO
The average cost of assisted living in Colorado Springs is $3,415 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Monument with an average starting cost of $3,397.
To help you with your search, browse the 279 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Colorado Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Colorado Springs 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Monument with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 16 families in Colorado Springs find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Colorado Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, located in central Colorado about 65 miles south of Denver and was founded in 1871 by William Jackson Palmer, a Civil War General. This area rich in historical culture is home to more than 45,000 seniors, some of whom may be in need of assisted living services. To support these seniors, Colorado Springs is home to 50 assisted living facilities.
In Colorado Springs and throughout the rest of Colorado, assisted living homes are referred to as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) and Assisted Living Residences (ALRs). Both are overseen by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs has warm summers with highs of 82 degrees and chilly winters with lows of 16. The area receives 61 inches of snow each year, significantly higher than the national average of 26. Seniors who don't like snowy weather might not like living in Colorado Springs.
- Colorado only partially taxes social security benefits, pensions and retirement savings account income. Seniors living in Colorado Springs may benefit from Colorado's tax-friendly status.
- The Colorado Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the UCHealth Heart and Vascular Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Colorado Springs has a violent crime rate of 23.6, only slightly higher than the national average of 22.7. However, property crime rates of 52 are significantly higher than the U.S. average of 25.4. Seniors in assisted living facilities are generally protected by alarms, cameras, and self-locking doors.
- The cost of living in Colorado Springs is 112.9, almost 13 points higher than the national average of 100. Seniors interested in facilities in the area might want to keep the higher cost of living in mind when preparing their healthcare budgets.
- Mountain Metro Transit has regular bus routes that stop at some of the city's major retirement communities, as well as a Senior Ambassador Program that helps seniors learn how to use the bus system.
Paying for Assisted Living in Colorado Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Colorado Springs start around $3,415 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Colorado Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Colorado Springs
Families in Colorado Springs can take advantage of several programs to help pay for assisted living. In addition to federal programs, such as Supplemental Security Income Category G, the state offers a Medicaid program called Health First Colorado, as well as more general financial assistance through the Colorado Old Age Pension.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Colorado Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Colorado Springs, CO
Other Options in Colorado Springs, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Colorado Springs
Review of Bonaventure of Colorado Springs
My parents have lived here since April 2019. My mom recently passed away but absolutely loved living here. She loved all the activities provided and loved all the residents. My Dad still resides h... Read more
Review of The Palisades at Broadmoor Park
I would like to live at The Palisades at Broadmoor Park. Generally, they're very beautiful but they have limited Medicaid units available. It's a great place. They were caring, congenial, and gener... Read more
Review of Colorado Springs Senior Homes, Inc
I live in house #6 there is a bed bug still there they spray for them and have bedbugs still I live here for 1 years have not gotten them gone the bedbugs are still here we have a someone that go o... Read more