26 Assisted Living Facilities near Pueblo West, CO
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pueblo West area, with 3 in Pueblo West and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pueblo West is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,465. Cheaper nearby regions include Pueblo with an average starting cost of $2,934.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pueblo West. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pueblo West 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pueblo with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pueblo West, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pueblo West, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pueblo West
Pueblo West is a city in Pueblo County that offers residents views of the Rocky Mountains during the day and star-filled skies at night. It has a relatively small senior population — just 6 percent of the city's 30,000 residents are aged 65 and older. There are three assisted living facilities in Pueblo West catering to these seniors and a further 23 in nearby communities, including Pueblo, Florence and Colorado Springs.
In Colorado facilities that receive Medicaid reimbursements must meet additional requirements and are referred to as alternative care facilities. All assisted living facilities are administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pueblo West
- Colorado State, including Pueblo West, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Pueblo West has 254 sunny days each year, almost 50 more than the national average, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy the outdoors. The average high temperature in July is 91 degrees. Winters can be cold, with average lows in January of 16 degrees and an average annual snowfall of 23 inches, three inches fewer than the U.S. average.
- Retirement income in Colorado is subject to income tax, but there are large deductions available to retirees which can significantly reduce seniors' tax bills. However, sales tax is higher than the national average which may impact the budgets of seniors with a fixed income.
- Public transit options in Pueblo West are limited, but seniors may be able to access the Pueblo County Non Emergency Medical Transportation Service. This provides eligible residents with transport to medical appointments at Health First Colorado facilities.
- The overall cost of living in Pueblo West is 106 according to the Sperling index. This is six points higher than the national average. Groceries and transport are expensive but seniors with regular health care costs may save money as health care is 7 points less expensive than the national average.
- The Pueblo West area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Parkview — Pueblo West Emergency Services, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pueblo West
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Pueblo West start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pueblo West and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pueblo West
Financial assistance is available for eligible seniors in Pueblo West through the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD), which helps fund residents in alternative care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pueblo West
Pueblo West and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pueblo West, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pueblo West
Pueblo West-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pueblo West
Review of Columbine Chateau
The staff were friendly. But was desperately concerned with the residents sleeping on cheap daybeds. They place 2 residents to a room. The furniture doesn't match and looked old or purchased used. ... Read more
Review of Tammy & Marty's Cozy Adult
Facility is great and they take care of the clients on a more personal basis and give them more one on one time. Read more
Review of Cappella of Pueblo West
The community is very open, and the people are very friendly. It's clean and has a lot of activities for the older people to do. My dad seems to be very happy there and happy with the food. They pl... Read more