16 Assisted Living Facilities near Castle Rock, CO
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Castle Rock area, with 15 in Castle Rock and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Castle Rock is $4,524 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Parker with an average starting cost of $4,364.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Castle Rock. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Castle Rock 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Parker with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Castle Rock find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Castle Rock, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Castle Rock, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Castle Rock
Castle Rock, Colorado, an affluent home rule town, was named for the rhyolite stone found there in the 1800s. The town is dedicated to preserving 50 miles of trails and more than 300 acres of parkland established as the Phillip S. Miller Park. Seniors who enjoy this area and are in need of help with daily assistance can choose from 15 assisted living residences in Castle Rock and five near the area, all regulated by the Health Facilities and Emergency Medical Services Division of the Department of Public Health and Environment. ALRs in the state provide room and board, personal care, protective oversight and 24-hour supervision for three or more adults. The type of Medicaid-certified ALRs recognized by the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing are called alternative care facilities (ACFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Castle Rock
- The cold, semi-arid climate in Castle Rock is characterized by hot, wet summers and chilly winters with a high amount of snow. But it receives more sunny days per year and less precipitation than the national average and has a Sperling year-round comfort index of 71, much higher than the country’s average of 54.
- Colorado is considered a senior taxpayer-friendly state due to its discounted property tax for the elderly and tax exemption on groceries and medicine despite the fact that pensions and social security income may be partially taxed.
- Public transit and walkability are limited and yet to develop in Castle Rock and the rest of Douglas County. To compensate for this, Castle Rock offers reduced-fare taxi service for citizens without private transportation. Castle Rock Senior Center also provides scheduled shuttle services for residents 50+ going to medical appointments and other places for doing errands.
- Castle Rock features several arts and culture events and attractions. Some ALRs may take their residents downtown to celebrate a variety of annual festivals, visit museums and enjoy dinner shows at the Theater of Dreams. There are also cultural arts classes on pottery, dance, language arts and painting offered by the municipality.
- The Castle Rock area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, Founders Family Medicine & Urgent Care, Kaiser Permanente Medical Offices and UCHealth Primary Care Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Castle Rock has an array of community resources for seniors including Neighbor Network, an organization that provides enriching programs and comprehensive services for elderly Douglas County residents, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Castle Rock
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Castle Rock start around $4,307 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Castle Rock and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Castle Rock
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Castle Rock
Castle Rock and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Castle Rock, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Castle Rock
Castle Rock-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Castle Rock, CO
Other Options in Castle Rock, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Castle Rock
Review of Castle Rock Assisted Living II
My mom has been a resident at CRAL for about two years. Gina and the staff are very attentive and truly care about the residents. My mom has a very spacious room and the house is extremely clean an... Read more
Review of Pine Trails at Castle Rock
I moved my mother from the east coast to Pine Trails in Nov 2019. My initial call, tour, and meeting were very stress free and relaxed. The staff were a joy to work with and made the transition rea... Read more
Review of Bonaventure Senior Living - Castle Rock
My mother has been here for four months now in assisted care. I have found the staff to be very helpful and involved. The activities people are especially great in providing fun and engaging oppo... Read more