134 Assisted Living Facilities near Englewood, CO
There are 134 Assisted Living Facilities in the Englewood area, with 12 in Englewood and 122 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Englewood is $3,802 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Centennial with an average starting cost of $3,393.
To help you with your search, browse the 444 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Englewood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Englewood 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greenwood Village with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Englewood, call (855) 863-8283.
12 Assisted Living Facilities in Englewood, CO
122 Assisted Living Facilities near Englewood, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Englewood
Located in the South Platte River Valley, Englewood, Colorado, is part of the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area. The city is home to over 34,000 residents, 12.8 percent of whom are aged 65 and older and could benefit from the care offered by an assisted living community.
To meet the needs of this demographic, there are 50 assisted facilities to choose from in Englewood and its surrounding communities, and like all assisted living facilities in the state, these communities are governed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Englewood
- The city of Englewood receives an overall comfort rating of 72 out of 100, which could be very appealing for seniors, especially those who enjoy spending time outdoors. Temperatures are moderate year-round, and the city expects to see almost 250 sunny days on an annual basis.
- Like many Colorado cities, the cost of living in Englewood is much higher than the average American city. Based on the U.S. average of 100, Englewood's overall cost of living is rated 136.1, something seniors on a tight budget may want to think about.
- Rates of violent crime in Englewood are low, which may offer peace of mind for seniors. On a scale out of 100, with 100 representing high crime, Englewood scores a 13.9. Property crime, however, is much higher at a rating of 76.4.
- The Regional Transportation District (RTD) offers a network of transit options in Englewood, including fixed-route services, light rail transit and a free art shuttle that travels through CityCenter Englewood, downtown and the medical district. Seniors are eligible for discounted rates on transit services.
- Englewood's air quality is rated 29 out a possible 100, with 100 being the best. This may be something for seniors with existing respiratory conditions to consider.
- The Englewood area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Denver.
Paying for Assisted Living in Englewood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Englewood start around $3,802 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Englewood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Englewood
There are no state-sponsored programs in Englewood or Colorado, however, there are a number of agencies and programs offering financial support to help seniors manage the costs of assisted living services. Colorado does offer financial supplements to low-income individuals on SSI payments, and in addition to benefits offered by Medicaid, Health First Colorado the Old Age Pension (OAP) can provide seniors with financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Englewood
Englewood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Englewood, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Englewood
Englewood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Englewood, CO
Other Options in Englewood, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Englewood
Review of MorningStar at Jordan
My father was a past resident of MorningStar at Jordan. It's a good community. I'm pretty pleased with it. The rooms were average. We had to have hospice bring in a bed and provide some basic furni... Read more
Review of Caley Ridge Assisted Living
I wasn't impressed with Caley Ridge. I didn't think it was very clean. As I was walking in, the maintenance person was sitting at the front desk and griping about things. It seemed very old to me a... Read more
Review of Caley Ridge Assisted Living
I really liked Caley Ridge Assisted Living. The place was very clean and the residents were really engaged, out and about, mingling, and involved in activities. I liked the setup of the room, and t... Read more