96 Assisted Living Facilities near Aurora, CO
There are 96 Assisted Living Facilities in the Aurora area, with 20 in Aurora and 76 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Aurora is $2,960 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 367 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Aurora. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Aurora 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Denver with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Aurora find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Aurora, call (855) 863-8283.
20 Assisted Living Facilities in Aurora, CO
76 Assisted Living Facilities near Aurora, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aurora
Aurora, located at the base of the Rocky Mountain front range in north-central Colorado, is home to breathtaking mountain views and more than 250 ethnic restaurants sure to please even the most discerning of diners. With more than 29,000 residents aged 65 or older, the city is also home to 20 assisted living facilities with 75 more located in nearby communities.
In Aurora, as in the rest of Colorado, assisted living centers are called Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) and Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), both of which are governed by the Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aurora
- Denver seniors are only partially taxed on social security benefits, retirement savings account income and pensions. Seniors in Aurora on fixed incomes may find that they have more money available to put toward healthcare expenses.
- Aurora's violent and property crime rates are 29.6 and 43.5 on a scale of 100, compared to the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Concerned family members might want to consult with facility staff about security measures and protocols.
- Residents of Aurora enjoy all four seasons with temperatures ranging from 88 degrees all the way down to 18. Winters are particularly brutal with annual snowfalls of 54 inches, almost 30 more than the national average of 26 inches, which may pose a problem for seniors who enjoy spending lots of time outdoors.
- Aurora is home to world-class medical facilities, including The Medical Center of Aurora and UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Aurora is 130.2, more than 30 points higher than the national average of 100. Seniors on tight budgets might want to consider smaller towns and cities in Denver where costs might be lower.
- The air quality in Aurora is poor. On a scale where 100 represents areas with the best air quality, Aurora only ranks 48, 10 full points lower than the national average of 58 which indicates that the area might not be suitable for seniors with respiratory issues.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aurora
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Aurora start around $2,960 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aurora and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aurora
While the state of Colorado offers several assistance programs aimed at helping seniors who are not living in care facilities, there are no programs in the state beyond the standard national programs like SSDI or Medicare Part D.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aurora
Aurora and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Aurora, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aurora
Aurora-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Aurora, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Aurora
Review of Canterbury Gardens
My mom is a resident of this garbage place. The staff is extremely rude and demeaning, she is bullied by other residents, her shower was broken for months before it was fixed. My mom comes to my ho... Read more
Review of Hampden Hills Assisted Living
As with any business, the owner was very much in contact with our family regarding the care of our father. That said, when the contract was signed, the owner said she would give us a copy. That n... Read more
Review of Cherry Creek Retirement Village - Independent Living
My father is currently a resident at Cherry Creek Village. I cannot say enough about the care that he gets there. The staff is so friendly and attentive. He has a beautiful studio apartment that is... Read more