128 Assisted Living Facilities near Greenwood Village, CO
There are 128 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greenwood Village area, with 2 in Greenwood Village and 126 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greenwood Village is $4,050 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Centennial with an average starting cost of $3,462.
To help you with your search, browse the 413 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greenwood Village. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greenwood Village 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Centennial with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greenwood Village, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Greenwood Village, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenwood Village
Greenwood Village is part of the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood metropolitan area and is home to almost 16,000 people. Over 15 percent of the population is aged 65 and older and there are 123 assisted living facilities in Greenwood Village and the surrounding area catering to them. These facilities are administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Facilities that receive Medicaid reimbursements are referred to as Alternative Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenwood Village
- The Greenwood Village area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Centennial Medical Plaza, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Greenwood Village's overall crime rate is 26 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 73 percent of Colorado's other towns and cities. This is mainly due to the high property crime rate of 25 crimes per 1,000 residents. The violent crime rate of 1.08 is more than two points lower than the state average. Seniors in the area may wish to investigate ways to protect their property.
- Greenwood Village gets 64 inches of snow each year, almost 40 inches more than the national average. The average low temperature in January is 18 degrees. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may find the weather keeps them inside more than they'd like.
- Arapahoe County, including Greenwood Village, has mixed air quality. The 24-hour particle pollution level received an A grade in the State of the Air 2018 report. However, the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area is listed in the top two most polluted cities for ozone pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may wish to investigate how this will affect their health.
- The cost of living in Greenwood Village is rated 234 on the Sperling index, 134 points higher than the national average. This is due to the very high cost of housing. Seniors on a fixed budget can save money on groceries and healthcare, which are both less expensive than the national average.
- RTD-Denver provide public transport in the Greenwood Village area. Riders aged 65 and older are eligible for discounted fares and may also be able to utilise SeniorRide and SeniorShopper services. Some seniors may also be able to use Access-a-Ride which offers door-to-door services for people unable to access the fixed route buses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenwood Village
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Greenwood Village start around $4,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenwood Village and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenwood Village
The Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD) helps fund residents in alternative care facilities. Some seniors in Greenwood Village may be able to access financial assistance through this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenwood Village
Greenwood Village and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greenwood Village, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenwood Village
Greenwood Village-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Greenwood Village, CO
Other Options in Greenwood Village, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greenwood Village
Review of The Inn at Greenwood Village
I have been in the community for five years. We have gone through many changes in that time. I like what I see, and like it here. I have to commend the whole kitchen staff on how they have handled ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Greenwood Village
My relative was in the rehab portion of the facility. This was the worst experience of my life. First off I could never get some to answer a phone. Second I could not get an update as to how the pe... Read more
Review of The Inn at Greenwood Village
First, the good. The Inn had a few excellent caregivers who made a huge effort with my Dad. We appreciate their efforts. Additionally, the activities coordinators planned many activities and mad... Read more