138 Assisted Living Facilities near Lone Tree, CO
There are 138 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lone Tree area, with 1 in Lone Tree and 137 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 362 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lone Tree. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lone Tree 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Highlands Ranch with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lone Tree, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lone Tree, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lone Tree
The City of Lone Tree is part of the Denver Metropolitan Area. Lone Tree has a sizable senior population, with over 10 percent of the city's 13,500 people aged 65 or over. There is one assisted living facility catering to seniors in the city and 65 more in nearby communities.
Facilities that are certified for Medicaid reimbursements are referred to as Alternative Care Facilities (ACFs). All assisted living facilities in Colorado are licensed and monitored by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lone Tree
- The Lone Tree area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sky Ridge Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winters in Lone Tree can be harsh. The city receives 69 inches of snow each year, over 40 inches more than the national average. This can keep seniors inside during the winter months. However, summers are sunny, with an average July high of 87. The city has 244 sunny days each year, almost 40 more than the national average, giving seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the sunshine during the rest of the year.
- Lone Tree has a very high crime rate, and 98 percent of Colorado's towns and cities are safer than the city. Although violent crime is lower than the state average, property crime occurs at a rate of 72.87 per 1,000 residents, almost three times the Colorado average of 27.41. Seniors moving to the area may wish to investigate ways to secure their belongings.
- The overall cost of living in Lone Tree is 177 on the Sperling index, 77 points higher than the national average. This is largely due to the high cost of housing, and seniors can still save money on daily essentials like groceries and health care, which are less expensive than the U.S. average.
- Retirement income from pensions, Social Security and retirement funds are all subject to income tax in Colorado; however, seniors are eligible for deductions that can significantly reduce their tax bill. Additionally, although sales taxes are high, groceries and medication are both tax-exempt.
- Public transport in Lone Tree is provided by RTD Denver, and seniors are eligible for discounted fares. Lone Tree Link also provides a free shuttle service and an on-demand door-to-door service in the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lone Tree
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Lone Tree start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lone Tree and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lone Tree
Seniors in Alternative Care Facilities in Lone Tree may be eligible for financial assistance through the Home and Community Based Services Waiver for persons who are elderly, blind or disabled (EBD).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lone Tree
Lone Tree and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lone Tree, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lone Tree
Lone Tree-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lone Tree, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lone Tree
Review of MorningStar Senior Living at RidgeGate
My father-in-law is living in MorningStar at RidgeGate and it is very nice. It's nice to live there and the rooms are beautiful, but it's a little tough when you're trying to get stuff, including s... Read more