56 Assisted Living Facilities near Parker, CO
With an average cost of $4,483 in Parker, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 40 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 11 facilities in Parker.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Parker, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Parker
Parker, located in Douglas County, Colorado, is a self-declared "town" under the Home Rule statutes. The Douglas County local population is expected to consist of approximately one-quarter seniors by 2030, and the county is planning accordingly. Parker offers seniors parks, trails, a cultural arts center and annual community events to enjoy when they are not at home in one of the eight assisted living communities in town or in one of the 45 nearby.
Licensing and operation of Colorado's assisted living facilities are guided by the Colorado Council on Assisted Living, an advisory committee that reports to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. This committee represents government, business and community organizations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Parker
- The Denver area is 14th on the American Lung Association’s most polluted cities list for ozone, 24th for short-term particulates. At over a mile above sea level in elevation, the air can affect seniors with respiratory conditions. The Parker area is about 25 miles to the south of Denver.
- On a scale where 100 is highest, Parker’s property and violent crime scores are 17.6 and 19.8, respectively. Denver’s are 47.2 and 49.3. Residents in Parker enjoy access to metro Denver and the Rocky Mountains with a much lower concern about crime.
- Parker has access to the metro Denver Regional Transportation District (RTD), which includes bus service, light rail, and commuter rail with access to the airport with a senior discount. Areas covered by RTD also receive Access-a-Ride paratransit service for seniors who qualify.
- Arts, symphonies and other cultural activities sponsored by Douglas County provide local entertainment in the Parker area. Seniors can also travel to nearby Denver on SeniorRide for major classical and pop music, drama, art museums and festivals.
- Denver weather is generally dry and clear, perfect for outdoor senior recreation. Parker is well below the 38-inch U.S. average for rainfall at 18, and well above the U.S. average of 26 inches for snow with an average of 66 per year. About 242 days per year are sunny. Summer high is around 87 degrees Fahrenheit, winter low 17 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Denver area cost of living is rated above the US average of 100 at 127.5, and Parker’s is a bit higher at 138.4. The cost of housing is the biggest factor in these ratings, however, and affordable shopping and services are common in Parker.
Paying for Assisted Living in Parker
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Parker start around $4,483 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Parker and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Parker
In addition to Medicaid, Colorado provides financial assistance to seniors through an Old Age Pension (OAP) system and offers several other plans aimed at maximizing senior independence, such as an adult foster care (AFC) program administered by counties.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Parker
Parker and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Parker, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Parker
Parker-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Parker, CO
Other Options in Parker, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Parker
Review of MorningStar Senior Living of Parker
My mom was at the MorningStar Senior Living of Parker. Their medical care was probably fine for residents that didn't have underlying health issues. My mother has COPD real bad, and she was on oxyg... Read more
Review of MorningStar Senior Living of Parker
My mom has lived here since the property opened. She start in independent living and now is in assisted living, and has hospice care in her apartment. The management, and all of the staff is wond... Read more
Review of Lincoln Meadows Senior Living
I went to Lincoln Meadows Senior Living. Everyone was very nice, but the facility was very old. There was no central air. As I walked in the door, you could smell, and I knew I would never live the... Read more