53 Assisted Living Facilities near Parker, CO
There are 53 Assisted Living Facilities in the Parker area, with 10 in Parker and 43 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Parker is $4,162 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 159 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Parker. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Parker 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Centennial with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Parker, call (855) 863-8283.
10 Assisted Living Facilities in Parker, CO
43 Assisted Living Facilities near Parker, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Parker
Parker, located in Douglas County, Colorado, is a self-declared "town" under the Home Rule statutes. The Douglas County local population is expected to consist of approximately one-quarter seniors by 2030, and the county is planning accordingly. Parker offers seniors parks, trails, a cultural arts center and annual community events to enjoy when they are not at home in one of the eight assisted living communities in town or in one of the 45 nearby.
Licensing and operation of Colorado's assisted living facilities are guided by the Colorado Council on Assisted Living, an advisory committee that reports to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. This committee represents government, business and community organizations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Parker
- The Denver area is 14th on the American Lung Association’s most polluted cities list for ozone, 24th for short-term particulates. At over a mile above sea level in elevation, the air can affect seniors with respiratory conditions. The Parker area is about 25 miles to the south of Denver.
- On a scale where 100 is highest, Parker’s property and violent crime scores are 17.6 and 19.8, respectively. Denver’s are 47.2 and 49.3. Residents in Parker enjoy access to metro Denver and the Rocky Mountains with a much lower concern about crime.
- Parker has access to the metro Denver Regional Transportation District (RTD), which includes bus service, light rail, and commuter rail with access to the airport with a senior discount. Areas covered by RTD also receive Access-a-Ride paratransit service for seniors who qualify.
- Arts, symphonies and other cultural activities sponsored by Douglas County provide local entertainment in the Parker area. Seniors can also travel to nearby Denver on SeniorRide for major classical and pop music, drama, art museums and festivals.
- Denver weather is generally dry and clear, perfect for outdoor senior recreation. Parker is well below the 38-inch U.S. average for rainfall at 18, and well above the U.S. average of 26 inches for snow with an average of 66 per year. About 242 days per year are sunny. Summer high is around 87 degrees Fahrenheit, winter low 17 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Denver area cost of living is rated above the US average of 100 at 127.5, and Parker’s is a bit higher at 138.4. The cost of housing is the biggest factor in these ratings, however, and affordable shopping and services are common in Parker.
Paying for Assisted Living in Parker
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Parker start around $4,257 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Parker and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Parker
In addition to Medicaid, Colorado provides financial assistance to seniors through an Old Age Pension (OAP) system and offers several other plans aimed at maximizing senior independence, such as an adult foster care (AFC) program administered by counties.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Parker
Parker and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Parker, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Parker
Parker-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Parker, CO
Other Options in Parker, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Parker
Review of Victorian House
Victorian House was pretty good and wasn't glamorous, but it would do. The amenities were good. They had TV and bingo night. The staff was very nice. The dining area seemed OK and clean. The facili... Read more
Review of MorningStar of Parker
We have been very impressed with Parker Senior Living and are happy we decided to trust Morningstar with our parents care. Our parents move in a little over a month ago and are enjoying their new h... Read more
Review of MorningStar of Parker
I visited Parker Senior Living by MorningStar and it's a very professional community, clean and well-run. The staff members are professional experts. They also have comprehensive activities. Their ... Read more