Brookdale Greenwood Village

Reviews of Brookdale Greenwood Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Greenwood Village

September 30, 2017

By Mike

Brookdale Greenwood Village was OK. They had a small physical therapy or workout room. The employees seemed OK. I didn't really care for the location because it was pretty close to I-25 and Arapahoe Road, and there were traffic jams getting in and out of there.

November 07, 2015

By NY1

My mother was there after a fall. It was nice to look at but resident care is an oxymoron. I would visit every day and noticed that she would not have basic daily care taken care of and some of her clothing was missing. When I raised these issues, I was ignored UNTIL the administration discovered I was an attorney and a law professor. I would never leave my worst enemy here. We moved her out into a beautiful assisted living home in Denver. She was cherished, treated with the utmost compassion and respect. And when she passed, her caregivers were present to wish her G-d speed on her journey.

We are very sorry to hear Brookdale Greenwood Village did not meet your expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority, and we have shared your feedback with our regional team.

August 21, 2015

By Lee27

My mother is in Brookdale Greenwood Village, and they seem to be very interested in her improvement and well being. I'm pleased with it. They had several activities like concerts inside. The staff is very good, and I'm very encouraged with what they're doing. They’re giving her three meals. The rooms were a little bit small, but they weren't too bad.

June 11, 2015

The facility at Brookdale Greenwood Village was beautiful. It is in a beautiful part of town, but I don't know what happened with the people that worked there because it is not a typical Brookdale community. The other Brookdale I visited had much higher quality people working there. I was getting a tour with the director, and there was this man who was in the assisted living part. He was wheeling his wheelchair with both hands by himself, and he was trying to open this door with his foot. I was walking with the director, and you couldn't really help but notice him. I asked if he needed help with that door. I was the one who said it, and we were getting ready to walk past him. I was the one that opened the door for him. She didn't say she missed that, or thank you, or didn't see that, or anything. She was just so cold and heartless. The activities director just said they played a lot of card games, and it seems she had a lot going on with the activities. That was the only facility I visited where I was shocked. The first time I visited there, I had an appointment, but they were on quarantine because somebody had a stomach virus. It seemed like they would have called me to reschedule it, but they didn't, so when I did reschedule it, that was my second impression on that when I toured it technically the second time. I don't know what happened, but she is not the right person for that job. I did see the apartments, and they looked really nice. Like I said, they can look all pretty and all nice if you want, but if they don't have the right people in there, then you can't make up for that part. I was putting together a short list for my mom when she comes to visit in July, and that did not make the short list. I couldn't even recommend it to anybody just based on my tour. You can't make up for such a poor impression. They need to fire that director and get a new activities director as well. She is not the right person for the job. All the Brookdale facilities I have visited, and I have visited many in the area, and I'm really impressed with the company in general. However, I'm not impressed with that facility, and they just have the wrong person in that position. It is in a wonderful part of town, and it is a beautiful building. It has so much potential, but that one person is not the right person for the job.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed when you visited Brookdale Greenwood Village. Please be assured our staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

May 01, 2015

By Scooter3

Brookdale was family friendly, and the staff is available for the residents. They have physical therapy and doctors that come in to see the residents. They have CNAs and registered nurses. They also have an activity director; they have activities every day. Nice facility and spacious rooms. They have a bus that takes them to church and on outings.

April 02, 2015

By Mark103735650

We did look at Brookdale Greenwood Village. It was a big place. It was very nice. It had very modern feel to the whole facility.

December 05, 2014

By Robb1

Heritage Club at Greenwood Village was excellent in every aspect. The doctors were great. The nursing staff were great and exceptional. They treated my father the way that I am hoping that he will be treated. They allowed him to leave for three hours at a time, and with permission, we could keep him out a little longer. It was a beautiful facility. There was a full rehab center. They have physical therapy. He was in his own individual room with individual bathroom. They have a very nice restaurant and wonderful food. They have spacious hallways and big community rooms. He did very well in that center, and when he came out, he was doing much better than when he went in.

November 24, 2014

By Dan Dudley

Very good staff. They actually care for my dad, and follow through on what they are suppose to be doing to care for him. We have been in three different facilities and this by far is the best experience we have ever had. I would recommend this facility for Assised Living, Dementia care and Skilled Nursing, and we have used all three here and speak form experience.

August 29, 2014

By Becky20

When I talked to the residents and some staff at Heritage Club at Greenwood Village, they had been there for years and that was the main reason. For the most part, mom likes their food, but not always. She is not a real activity-kind of person, so they are respecting her wishes on that. She likes to go to the beauty shop and the church they have there. The place is really nice and she has a really nice apartment. They check on her when need be. They respond when I call. So far, so good. The bathroom can accommodate her needs with her walker. It has a nice little kitchenette area. She is able to decorate it how she wants to and she is able to fit in everything that she wants in there. She is on the third floor and it has a nice view. They are very friendly and responsive. They are concerned about my mom.

June 19, 2014

The overall surroundings of Heritage Club at Greenwood are very nice. Their rooms are very nice too. They have quite a variety of things going on there. The staff were able to answer all of our questions, and they have a very attractive brochure.

April 13, 2012

By JohnAnderson49

We visited this facility while looking for great nursing homes for my parents. From the first arrival we were impressed with the facilities. The location is ideal, in that it is close to our home, yet not in an urban setting. The dining room facilities are outstanding and very elegant. They have wonderful chandelers and very nice linens, unlike other locations that we had visited. Overall the atmosphere was extremely cozy and felt like a wonderful house rather than a sterile nursing home. They also have connections with a program for Alzheimer's which is a big plus for our family. The staff that we talked with were all extremely friendly and genuinely seemed to care and take an interest in our needs. We weren't overly impressed with their exercise programs, but they did seem to have plenty of activities that seemed entertaining. They did have a great secure environment, and we were told that they had staff available on a 24 hour program to help control the surroundings. Overall, we were impressed and this will definitely be on our finalists list.

June 20, 2011

By An Eldercare LPN

The location is not the best"”not close to public transportation, shops, or grocery stores. If residents do go out, it can be very difficult for them to get back in after 5 pm; someone from the nearby nursing facility has to come and let them in"”and that can a real inconvenience. There is no garden or outside area for residents to use"”and not much parking for family or other visitors. And the social and activity program is spare, so Heritage Club is not a good spot for those who don't have others to provide stimulation. The food is adequate, but bland"”and there is little flexibility about when it's provided. There is a van that takes people out once a week, but that's also used to take residents to doctor visits, so not always available for other needs"”and residents complain that even when they schedule the van in advance, it doesn't always arrive on time, so isn't really a dependable form of transportation. As a consequence, residents spend a lot of money on taxis. There are also a few concerns about the quality of care. Residents have had to be admitted to the hospital for mediation errors. And as a nurse, when I have tried to get in touch with staff to ask for stats like urine output, I find they have very poor communication skills. While there seem to be plenty of people to assist with daily activities, such as moving about, there is only one nurse to assist with 37 residents"”and that nurse is overbooked. A personal pet peeve with the place: No soap in public bathrooms"”but that can say a lot. On the upside, rooms are very, very nice"”aesthetically pleasing, with the right amount of sunlight, very tasteful and comfortable. And in the common areas, although there is no outside space for residents to use, there are several nooks and crannies within the common area for visitors and residents. The cost is from $4,000 to $7,000 per month. For that price, Heritage Club is supposed to be premiere care and housing, but it doesn't quite live up to the promise.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookdale Greenwood Village

• Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Greenwood Village

Brookdale Greenwood Village provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents at Brookdale Greenwood Village enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Greenwood Village