74 Assisted Living Facilities near Highlands Ranch, CO
There are 74 Assisted Living Facilities in the Highlands Ranch area, with 3 in Highlands Ranch and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Highlands Ranch is $3,450 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Centennial with an average starting cost of $3,393.
To help you with your search, browse the 154 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Highlands Ranch. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Highlands Ranch 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Golden with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Highlands Ranch, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Highlands Ranch, CO
71 Assisted Living Facilities near Highlands Ranch, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Highlands Ranch
Highlands Ranch is a master-planned community located just south of Denver. Almost 7 percent of Highlands Ranch's 96,000 residents are aged 65 or older. There are three assisted living facilities in Highlands Ranch catering to the senior population and a further 61 in nearby communities including Littleton, Denver and Castle Rock.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment licenses and monitors assisted living facilities in Highlands Ranch. The state also certifies Alternative Care Facilities (ACFs), which can receive Medicaid reimbursements and must meet additional requirements.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Highlands Ranch
- The Littleton area, including Highlands Ranch, is home to world-class medical facilities, including Littleton Adventist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Highlands Ranch is provided by RTD Denver. Senior riders receive a discounted fare. Seniors may also be able to use the Access-a-Ride service which provides door-to-door or curbside services to people unable to use the fixed-route service.
- Colorado State, including Highlands Ranch, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Douglas County has high ozone pollution, receiving an F grade in the State of the Air Report 2018. This may impact the health of seniors with respiratory conditions. Particle pollution is lower and received a B grade in the same report.
- Highlands Ranch has an array of community resources for seniors, including Active Adults Programs and Services, an organization that provides information, events, referrals and lifelong learning opportunities to older residents, as well as more than one senior centers.
- All forms of retirement income are subject to income tax in Colorado, including money from Social Security, pensions and retirement accounts. However, seniors receive a sizable deduction which can significantly reduce tax bills. Colorado also has a high sales tax, but groceries and medicine are exempt.
Paying for Assisted Living in Highlands Ranch
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Highlands Ranch start around $3,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Highlands Ranch and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Highlands Ranch
Colorado has a Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD). Residents in alternative care facilities in Highlands Ranch may be eligible for financial assistance through this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Highlands Ranch
Highlands Ranch and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Highlands Ranch, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Highlands Ranch
Highlands Ranch-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Highlands Ranch, CO
Other Options in Highlands Ranch, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Highlands Ranch
Review of Vi at Highlands Ranch
We spent a lot of time talking to the director of the Vi at Highlands Ranch. He was very nice. We like this community a lot, but we couldn't afford it because it was too expensive. Nevertheless, it... Read more
Review of Vi at Highlands Ranch
I visited Vi at Highlands Ranch. The place and the community itself is very nice. The parking arrangements are not good, especially in the main building; it’s completely inadequate. The room that I... Read more
Review of Vi at Highlands Ranch
Vi at Highlands Ranch was expensive but beautiful. I saw a gorgeous two-bedroom apartment. The grounds were beautiful and impressive. The person there was wonderful and super. The dining room was g... Read more