Wind Crest

Reviews of Wind Crest

Independent Living Reviews for Wind Crest

March 07, 2017

By Doris730118

Wind Crest was new and beautiful. They had lots of programs for the residents. They had speakers come in and things like that. It was big and had more buildings. I thought they had everything that they could imagine. The staff was very friendly.

December 09, 2014

By Robb1

Wind Crest came highly regarded by some folks that we knew and some things that I read online. The cost was significantly more than other places, but it was an absolutely beautiful facility. My father has been there since early October. He has got a beautiful two-bedroom apartment that has a great view. It has two rooms on either side of the living room that are of the same size which both have very large, spacious bathrooms. They have physicians and audiologists, a weight room with weight strength training, a swimming pool, a rehab center, and exercise classes. There are two large beautiful lobbies with fireplaces. They have barber shops, laundry room facilities, and a huge, beautiful clubhouse. The meals are absolutely delicious and a different menu every night. They also have continuous snacks and fruits. We were just disappointed that dad didn’t have better orientation to what he was getting into when he came in, and he was feeling not as welcomed as he would have. We had a meeting with the administrator and social worker. Hopefully, the staff is better in tune with what he needs right now, and hopefully they're going to do a better job with that with other people who come in as well.

August 27, 2012

By caring8241

It's going to be a necessary move for me and my husband. We both have some health problems at the same time. Everybody was helpful during the tour. My husband has gall bladder surgery. He's not really eating very much, but I think they will soon to have a menu that's plain and will work for him.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Wind Crest

September 15, 2016

By gorge

This is a beautiful facility for worry free retirement. There is independent living as will as assisted living, skilled nursing, rehab and memory care. The location is convenient and the apartments are spacious. When my wife fell and broke her leg we pulled the emergency cord in our room and the EMT arrived in about 3 minutes and provided excellent care. Why 3 stars? Our apartment building was constructed with wood. Although we hear no noise from adjoining rooms there is the constant sound of footsteps from above that shakes our apartment. We did not expect this to be a problem in new construction. The other area of disappointment in my opinion is the food. I have heard from many longtime residents that the food used to be much better. I have asked if maybe it just seems that way like how we often talk about the good old days but they assure me things have changed and not for the better. After 11 months I have seen filet mignon maybe 4 times, lobster tail once, scallops one time, oysters (not very plump) twice, lamb chops or rack of lamb never. The menu in the main dining room changes daily but rotates on a schedule and becomes repetitive. The more "upscale" dining option menu is fairly limited and static with occasional item changes and one daily special. The meal plan included in the monthly fee forces you to eat at least 20 meals a month in these restaurants or forfeit the money. At this price level we expected better. In fact when we came to evaluate Wind Crest we ate braised lamb shanks and seared sea scallops to rival the finest restaurants. There is a new steakhouse "opening soon" that is supposed to be more upscale but we heard that back in 2015. I will be posting pictures of food served on Yelp.com so you can judge for yourself at https://www.yelp.com/biz/windcrest-retirement-community-littleton

August 15, 2016

By Jutebox

I liked the apartments at Wind Crest and its amenities. They seemed to be interested in possible residents. The place was clean, shiny, and bright. The rooms were big, bright, and airy with lots of windows.

April 14, 2016

By Marilyn121982650

Wind Crest was very beautiful and quite expensive. You tend to buy into it, but you can get 90% back and still have monthly fees. It had everything imaginable in quite a few buildings with everything covered with closed-in walkways, so you don’t have to go outside if you don’t want to. Its dining rooms were very upscale.

December 16, 2015

By Visitor21

Wind Crest has a nice restaurant, and the entire facility is large. It just felt more like you are in a resort than in God’s waiting room, so to speak. The residents are probably in their 70s and 80s, but they’re still very healthy, and they were active. The facility is very clean, very bright, very active.

September 08, 2015

By Jeff39

It was very nice. Wind Crest would be a great option although it was priced fairly high. The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and pretty impressive. The dining room looked clean and very well presented, and it was a very nice place to eat. The food smelled wonderful, and it looked good. There seemed to be quite a lot of staff that would take care of the residents. We saw classes like painting and a book club, and there were people playing volleyball in the pool. That was a premier place we looked at and would like, but it was out of our range.

July 20, 2015

By Carol110986550

I'm not old enough for Wind Crest. We probably would've moved into that one right away if I was old enough. You have to be 62. My husband is old enough, but I'm not yet. Everything was really nice. They just built a new building, so there are units available there now. Everything is clean, neat, and nice, and there are doctors on-site.

September 11, 2013

We have seen Wind Crest for the last five years. We talked to the people and decided it was a good place. I could not have any of the regular food because I had Celiac Disease. They had a staff in the kitchen that specifically prepared gluten-free food. Most of the places I checked did not have this and I needed gluten-free food only.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Memory Care Reviews for Wind Crest

August 26, 2012

By shaley1

Wincrest Assisted Living for seniors who can take care of themselves has been a wonderful place for my parents. I would recommend this facility to anyone seeking assisted living places. A set of around 800 apartments where my folks live independently. Their arrangements include a meal per day in a nice dining restaurant atmosphere. When dining with out guests the hostess places members together to get to know each other. The meals are prepared by a well skilled chef which serves a meal similar to what one would purchase at a restaurant. The nursing staff has been very helpful with their bathing and medical needs. Additional services like transportation, pools, a convenience store, bank, barber/beauty shop, resident laundry, housekeeping, and security, are all services and amenities that are provided there. Also a number of activities are available to all residents such as arts and crafts, square dancing with live singers, card games and computer labs. These services allow visitors to join others living at Wincrest to be included in all of these activities.

October 14, 2011

By ehaley

From a warm, happy, friendly staff we were welcomed to Windcrest, an assisted living facility located near the intersection of County Line Road and South Santa Fe. Last year Mom had reserved a place on their waiting list for her and Dad since they were having trouble getting up and down the stairs in the old two story house I was raised in. Upon an invitation to Sunday Brunch we made our first visit to WindCrest, since Mom and Dad had taken up residence there, when my children and I arrived at the dining room of my folks new home. In a lovely atmosphere, full of other Windcrest residents and their visiting loved ones, we enjoyed a wonderfully prepared Sunday morning brunch with my folks. Our entire visit was pleasant and we were rather surprised at the number of new acquaintances my parents introduced us to. Mom said the facility places members at different tables each meal so they can socialize and fit right in very quickly. Their food, staff, location and view of the Rocky Mountains from the facility were delightful and we left that day knowing Mom and Dad were in very good hands.

September 29, 2011

By ahaley

I was well taken care of at Windcrest and so were my Grandparents. This it a top notch facility for assisted living and I visit often. I was to hear that those who started this idea ... business were forced to sell because of Banks! The facility is awesome the services great and the atmosphere welcoming! I enjoy visiting every chance I get because I know they do take care of everyone who lives there.
See all Memory Care reviews (3) See fewer reviews

Photos of Wind Crest

Services and Amenities of Wind Crest

About Wind Crest

Wind Crest is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 84 picturesque acres in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, Wind Crest is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Wind Crest offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Step outside your maintenance-free apartment home and stroll to our spectacular clubhouse through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that let you laugh at the weather. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and two restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, and classrooms. Not to mention a bank and ATM, a beauty salon and a spa, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Wind Crest also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Wind Crest