3 Assisted Living Facilities near Monument, CO
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Monument area, with 2 in Monument and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Monument is $3,397 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Monument. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Monument 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monument, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Monument, CO
1 Assisted Living Facility near Monument, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monument
Monument is a small town located at the base of Rampart Range. It's home to around 7,000 people and has a relatively small senior population with just 6.7 percent of residents aged 65 and older. For seniors who choose to make their home in Monument, there are three assisted living facilities offering care and living accommodations.
Monument's assisted living facilities are administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. There are additional requirements for facilities that receive Medicaid reimbursement. Communities that meet these requirements are referred to as Alternative Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monument
- Colorado state, including Monument, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Monument has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Colorado Springs.
- Senior transportation in Monument is provided by Mountain Community Senior Services. This free service provides private transportation for medical appointments and other errands. There is also a shuttle bus service that takes riders to specific social events in the area.
- The State of the Air 2018 report gave El Paso County, including Monument, a relatively good report card. The county received an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution and a C grade for ozone pollution. The clean mountain air in Monument may help seniors who have respiratory issues.
- Monument has a comfortable summer climate, with high temperatures in July averaging 82 degrees. However, winters can be harsh. The average low in January is 15 degrees and the city gets 113 inches of snow each year, 87 inches more than the national average. Seniors who like to spend time outside may find the winter months challenging.
- The Sperling index rates Monument's cost of living at 146, which is 46 points higher than the national average of 100; however, this is largely due to the high cost of housing. Daily expenses, including groceries and healthcare, are lower than the U.S. average which can help seniors who are on a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monument
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Monument start around $3,397 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monument and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monument
Seniors in Monument who are in Alternative Care Facilities may be eligible for financial assistance through the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monument
Monument and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monument, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monument
Monument-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Monument, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Monument
Review of Jackson Creek Senior Living
My mother lived in the facility From January to March of 2019. Sadly, my 96 year old mother passed away in March. We moved her into the facility because she really just cold not take care of hers... Read more
Review of Bethesda Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Care, Monument
My mother is in Bethesda Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Care, Monument. It's been a really good experience so far. The staff is very good with her and helpful. It's clean and nice. I don't have... Read more
Review of Jackson Creek Senior Living
Everyone I met seems very welcoming, caring, and helpful. We visited a family friend who has moved there and she is very happy, really seems to be enjoying her new home. It is beautiful there, an... Read more