Bear Creek Senior Living

Bear Creek Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Bear Creek Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Bear Creek Senior Living

June 20, 2015

I liked Brookdale Bear Creek better than the other facility. The staff was friendly, and the facility was nice, clean, and well maintained. The dining area looked good.

May 24, 2015

By Bob106954650

Brookdale Bear Creek is where my mother is at right now, and she has been there for a few weeks. She has not been there very long, but at this point, we are satisfied with the location she is at and the care that she is having. The people at Brookdale treat my wife and I, and I watch them treat my mother; they are just excellent. They are extremely professional in terms of their conduct. I also think that they are a very caring community. They care about the residents. They don't just do work; they care about the person that is there, and that is very impressive to me.

February 02, 2015

By Caring99820450

In April of last year, my husband moved in to the assisted living unit of Brookdale Bear Creek, and my experience was excellent. He had a one-bedroom private room. The staff was very helpful, and they had a wide variety of activities. It was really good.

January 06, 2015

By Diana38

My mother has been in Brookdale since September. It was very nice and clean. The staff is very nice to her. They have activities, and she likes the singing part. They are singing, and they gather in the lobby area before they eat. My mother is in a two-person room. It is a little crowded, but she doesn't need a lot of space.

December 23, 2014

By Karen97667050

Brookdale Bear Creek is where I would take my aunt because they do have a memory care facility that I really liked. But I couldn't get her in there right now because of how much it costs. I really liked this place. The people were friendly and knowledgeable. The room was a little smaller, but it was more intimate. It was just a room, but it would be in the center of the memory care unit, so she would have others around her all the time. I think they were having movie time; they had a movie room, and they enjoyed that. They also had socials once a week, so they have different activities. I just like their friendliness and willingness to take care of the older people.

November 05, 2014

By Mike96654650

The staff is great, and the environment is OK at Brookdale Bear Creek. I think my dad is a little more to play cards and the community is not very social; it’s not very geared towards his mental health. He likes the food. He is in a single room now and he likes it. The hospital sent my father there for physical therapy, and then he decided on staying up there as he has got little worries. Maybe they could do a little more with the card playing or trips.

August 31, 2014

By Christine38

The staff at Emeritus was very kind. The facility is complete from independent all the way through the skilled nursing. The rooms are clean and they have lots of activities. It seems to be a very good place to keep the residents stimulated. They had a calendar of different activities varying from just everyone getting together and going out like a field trip.

August 30, 2014

By Kim93376450

Emeritus at Bear Creek was our second choice, but it was just very big and we wanted an intimate setting. They offer a lot of things. They do have assisted, skilled nursing and memory care, so it's a much bigger facility. The rooms are beautiful and the residents can bring their own furniture. Their common rooms, like the dining room, are lovely. The living room is lovely. It has several kinds of spots, it's very pretty.

August 26, 2014

Emeritus was clean and it looked nice. The rooms were great. However, the price is what more than my mom can afford to pay. The staff is very friendly. The rooms were fine, and they were spacious.

January 31, 2014

By Annelie

Emeritus is a very nice facility. It's a very good location, too. Everything so far has worked out really good. The rooms are average sized. They do have quite a lot of activities like bridge and bingo.

December 20, 2013

By Wes3

Looked like an excellent facility. I was very impressed, and Rami, Community Relations Director,was great.

September 30, 2013

By Patricia35

I had my CNAs stay with my husband at Emeritus at night because they didn't have that much help at night and he wasn't capable of getting up to go to the bathroom. After waiting for 45 minutes for somebody to answer the bell and bring him the bed pan, I decided to have someone stay at night with him. Because they're short of help, that happened a lot. However, the staff was nice and the food was good.

June 29, 2013

We went to Emeritus at Bear Creek and the setup was really nice and pretty. I don't remember much of the visit, but we weren't impressed with it at all. I don't know why, but we just didn't care for it. I think when we came there the residents were just sitting around. They just didn't appeal to us.

May 31, 2013

By Krissa

The accommodation at Emeritus at Bear Creek seemed to be very nice from what we saw. Although the rooms are not big enough considering where we're at. We noticed that as you move down into a more assisted living, the areas were even smaller and not as nice. There wasn't much for parking, too. The food is very nice as well as the dining area. The facility is more of the assisted type, and we are not yet ready for that. It's nice enough, but it doesn't meet our needs at the moment.

April 24, 2013

By William5

My wife is in the memory care unit of the Emeritus at Bear Creek. It was recommended by my home hospice, so I went down and looked at it, talked to the people, and I liked it. I like the staff very much because they're very knowledgeable and most of them have worked with Alzheimer's and memory care patients for ten years.

October 17, 2012

By s.kirkman

It was an excellent facility - the staff seemed very friendly, they had a ton of activities listed and always seemed to have something going on for the residents, the dining areas were nice and the food actually smelled pretty good, they had fresh fruit out in case the residents wanted to snack in the visiting areas and the rooms seemed really nice and modern to the comfort of the people staying there. All in all, I really liked the facility and all that it had to offer.

August 30, 2012

By JasonRowdy89

We visited the facility at Emeritus at Bear Creek last spring to visit an extended family member that was there. I was extremely impressed with the facility from the moment we arrived. It is in a beautiful location in Colorado Springs and has a wonderful feeling as you enter the main building. The grounds were very well maintained, although there was quite a bit of snow when we visited. They did a great job of clearing all of the outdoor pathways for safety. The common areas were very nicely kept, and had a bright airy feeling to them. The rooms were very clean and had easy to use furniture which was important for our family members limited mobility. The staff seemed to genuinely care about each of the residents rather than just going through the motions. We liked the memory care programs that they had available and saw this as a big benefit for the community. They also had a number of different activities each day that the staff ran for the residents including bingo, sing-a-longs and even Wii Bowling. The other great feature was the number of options available for the resident rooms from small single studios up to larger one bedrooms.

January 06, 2012

By Dakine Lu

I visited Emeritus while they were undergoing a landscaping project. Needless to say the place looks a lot better than it did (flowers, instead of water lilies). The staff is really nice and helpful. There is a shuttle that constantly picks up passengers to visit various places and there are activities always going on. There was karaoke and dancing when I visited. The view is beautiful from the patio, and the accommodations are lovely!

Costs for Bear Creek Senior Living

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Bear Creek Senior Living

At Bear Creek Senior Living, we offer a range of senior care services including, assisted living and memory care for seniors with Alzheimer's or a related form of dementia. Our residents and their families rest easy, knowing that they can stay in our community even if needs should change over time. Our vibrant community offers a range of services and amenities, which include:

• Fitness programs specifically designed for seniors
  • Pet-friendly senior living
  • Outdoor courtyard with walking paths
  • Restaurant-style dining room
  • Scheduled transportation services
  • Medication management
  • Nursing oversight on medical services and wellness visits

Bear Creek is an exceptional senior care community located in the vibrant and growing city of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our community is ideally located in a quiet area of the city boasting a view of Cheyenne Mountain, just a short distance from Red Rock Canyon Park and with convenient access to Memorial Hospital Central and Penrose Main.

Map of Bear Creek Senior Living